Sack Erikkson

He is a negative manager with a hugely overrated record not to mention the impact of his personal life.

Stop picking Carragher in your squad. Give Joe Cole a chance. Stop playing long ball, and putting all the emphasis on good crosses into the box, when all your best strikers are small and prefer ball to feet.

He stuck with Heskey far too long. He ignored Defoe for far too long. The only player he has EVER publically criticised is Joe Cole, after he had set up a goal against Italy, but also lost possession for one of theirs.

He played Bridge on left midfield. If you decided to play Bridge and Cole, then Cole is the obviously more attacking player, better on the ball and can beat a man easier.

Also, why do we need a left footed player on left midfield? Look at Arsenal.....right footed Pires on the left.

You only need a natural left footer if the main aim is to pour cross after cross into the box. We should not be playing like this.

If we need a few crosses on the left, the A.Cole can overlap anyway.

Sack Erikkson.

Originally posted by Lickszz

He is a negative manager with a hugely overrated record not to mention the impact of his personal life.

Stop picking Carragher in your squad. Give Joe Cole a chance. Stop playing long ball, and putting all the emphasis on good crosses into the box, when all your best strikers are small and prefer ball to feet.

He stuck with Heskey far too long. He ignored Defoe for far too long. The only player he has EVER publically criticised is Joe Cole, after he had set up a goal against Italy, but also lost possession for one of theirs.

He played Bridge on left midfield. If you decided to play Bridge and Cole, then Cole is the obviously more attacking player, better on the ball and can beat a man easier.

Also, why do we need a left footed player on left midfield? Look at Arsenal.....right footed Pires on the left.

You only need a natural left footer if the main aim is to pour cross after cross into the box. We should not be playing like this.

If we need a few crosses on the left, the A.Cole can overlap anyway.

Sack Erikkson.

I hate the way people go off at ericsson,

what has he actually done wrong, i think he has only lost 3 competitive games, not bad really if u think about it

yes some of his decisions are poor ie james being in net, but every manager picks poor players...........

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

I hate the way people go off at ericsson,

what has he actually done wrong, i think he has only lost 3 competitive games, not bad really if u think about it

yes some of his decisions are poor ie james being in net, but every manager picks poor players...........

How many competetive games have been played under his rule?

I presume your not counting friendlies.

I am convinced that had it not been for outside pressure he would not have dropped James.

He's not done anything that any other manager couldn't do with the set of players available, and thats the main issue here, particularly considering his salary.

To add to what Lickszz has said, I think England does need a target man and I think the ideal candidate would be James Beattie. Lets face it, if Man UTD had signed him he would be in the England squad by now. I think 2 small and similar players up front is a mistake unless an emphasis is put on a slick and fluid passing game, like Arsenal. England however don't play like Arsenal. We play long balls and whip in lots of crosses, so someone like Beattie would be good to win the ball.

Big name players shouldn't be given automatic places in the team. Eriksson has virtually said that Beckham and Owen will never be dropped. I think this is bad management and could lead to complacency, as well as resentment from other players. With Wright-Phillips and Defoe on top form and Beckham and Owen suffering from lack of matches and general bad form, surely now would be an ideal time to make some big name changes and wake up some complacent players?

The left sided thing isn't that he necessarily craves a left footed player- he has put several right footers out there, but it just hasn't worked. Cole isn't a complete enough player. He is a bag of tricks I'll give him that, but several times in his career he has put his own team under pressure by trying to be too clever and pull off silly tricks in dangerous positions (sometimes inside his own area!). He needs to choose the simple option sometimes.

I agree about Beattie, I think his non-selection is disgusting personally. Which other English strikers (bar Shearer who can't play anyway) have pushed Henry and Ruud VN to the very end of the season for the golden boot in recent times? His goalscoring record is excellent, Sven just doesn't like him. It's pathetic. Someone pointed out on TV the other day, that whilst Rooney is considered the hottest property in the game up front, admittedly he is younger and will improve even more (he is already a great player obviously), but his scoring record for Everton isn't actually that good!! Beattie's record is top quality. He must've been particularly miffed when Heskey was getting picked regularly as our 'big man' up front. At least he's out of the equation now.

I agree with the above.

Beckham and Owen are out of form definately.

If we replaced them with wright-philips and defoe then it'd show other players that if you work hard enough then you can get a place and you don't need a big name to be in the england side.

Also agree with the thoughts on Beattie.

He's better Smith and heskesy would struggle to hold a place in a division one team let alone first team England football. If the roles had been reversed and Beattie played for liverpool at one time rather than heskey we'd see him in the squad.

Personally I think that Sven needs to prove his worth, with the decisions of team selection and match tactics, it's evident that the ones at the moment aren't working- we had the players definately to win Euro 2004..... why not let McClaren take over?

dont know if anyone noticed but during euro 2004 we where doing crap in one of the matches (beckham playing long balls and owen being 5 foot nowt we where getting no-where) the next thing was we played the ball along the floor, put a few passes together and bang!!!!! 1-0.

dont like eriksson cos of his tactics (typical swede/norwegian tactics - long ball). we have proved that when we get the ball to feet then we can be awesome.

should really drop beckham and owen and indeed let the young ones have a go. would shake them up if he did that.

his record is one of the best in the last 20 years fact, hes had a good time with a women from the fa, so what hes not married with 3 kids or anything. he gets paid alot of money 2 do a job and like everyone else should stand or fall by that but 2 be honest the england job is a no win situation. limited footballers on superstar money , what can you do you cant coach class and skill and thats whats missing in english football.