Sciatica advice sought

Hi, I have been suffering with sciatica for the last few weeks now and taking all the medication i can for it.

Would anyone know of any ways of sorting out the nerve etc as its starting to get me down now and im sick of taking pills.

The doc says keep mobile as I am (even danced all night at Def Leppard gig), but im getting thoroughly peeved with limping for 5 minutes after ive sat down

So any ideas - ta Sal x:help:

I found a red hot bath helps for a little while..

I found a red hot bath helps for a little while..

I know - i also have deep heat rub - i smell greaaaaat, its just the whole getting up once ive sat down business that doing my head in - I try not to sit still at work but sometimes it cant be helped then comes the amazing sal limps across the office dance

If it makes you feel any better I often can be seen limping around our office, in fact hopalongs wearing a bit thin. hot baths and the painkillers and pepsi are keeping me going at the moment.

If it makes you feel any better I often can be seen limping around our office, in fact hopalongs wearing a bit thin. hot baths and the painkillers and pepsi are keeping me going at the moment.

Im currently getting the amazing questions "does it still hurt? and are you taking anything for it" - plus the cynics that come out with the amazing well you stopped limping a bit back - wherein the whole explanation of once ive started moving for a bit it eases - makes people glaze over:huh: :suspect:

Iyengar yoga and osteopathy have kept me going for the last few years as I've got a chronic back problem and have almost constant sciatica.

My yoga teacher does a therapeutic class where you do individual programmes based on health needs- the yoga school's in Walkley.

Yeah, I get the odd funny look when I have been quite mobile then suddenly start limping around.

I hate having to explain to everyone why I look like I need a shackletons chair *sigh*

Hi, I have been suffering with sciatica for the last few weeks now and taking all the medication i can for it.

Would anyone know of any ways of sorting out the nerve etc as its starting to get me down now and im sick of taking pills.

The doc says keep mobile as I am (even danced all night at Def Leppard gig), but im getting thoroughly peeved with limping for 5 minutes after ive sat down

So any ideas - ta Sal x:help:

See you come from Stannington,so my advice may help.I have been suffering,not from Sciatica,but with hip trouble for over 5 months.Couldnt walk without pain,and had to take Iboprufen,which upset my stomach.Used to go to a Chiropractor down Hillsborough some years ago for my back.So I thought I would give it a try again.Worked like magic(they pull you about a bit)and I can now walk without pain.Its the Hillsborough Chiropractic Clinic and is in the Yellow Pages.

I've had sciatica for about 20 years on and off. At its worst the pain would shoot down my leg and the leg would fold on me. Four years ago I took up ice skating and I now hardly ever get it. I put this down to altering my posture and weight distribution. I was under the hospital but I haven't seen a doctor in all this time. I'm not saying go skating but something that makes you alter the way you stand and walk could help

Dave..

I had a bad bout of sciatica earlier this year after I twisted my back. Sorted the pain with accupuncture (3 visits) and the trapped nerve with physio (gentle and with some accupuncture to finish, 4 visits). Fabulous now and if I get a twinge after something like slouching on a too soft sofa then I do the exercises the physio gave me.

I have the number of a very good physio that helped my brother, i will PM it if you want :thumbsup: