Sign in to follow this  

Advice on getting Liverpool v Arsenal tickets?

I really need to get 4 tickets to the Liverpool Arsenal game on November 28. I believe the remaining tickets for home games go on general sale 18 days before the game and you just ring up and hope to get them. Is this the only way and how likely would it be to get tickets? I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds buying from some agent. I just want to pay the £30 or so for a ticket.

Originally posted by carsondaly

I really need to get 4 tickets to the Liverpool Arsenal game on November 28. I believe the remaining tickets for home games go on general sale 18 days before the game and you just ring up and hope to get them. Is this the only way and how likely would it be to get tickets? I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds buying from some agent. I just want to pay the £30 or so for a ticket.

Unfortunately I'm a Liverpool fan who has tried to get tickets for some games recently, and it is harder than ever. In fact Arsenal at home is pretty much a no go, there are so many categories of people who can get to tickets before any general sale. You could make a postal application, but like I say especially for Arsenal, there is basically no chance whatsoever. Champions league games are basically a no as well, because I"ve tried. You need to be a season ticket holder ideally, and then another thing they do is offer tickets to people who have stubs from the previous game etc etc. It's pretty complicated I'm afraid :( I would doubt there will be a general sale for Arsenal at home.

Originally posted by carsondaly

Its 26 days but its also a 'Premier' match so the majority will be snapped up by season ticket holders (like me woo hoo).

A good way of doing it is to send a letter to LFC stating how many tickets you want, which stand etc and send an open, signed cheque...then just wait and see.

They also sell on the official website but get snapped up really quick.

You lucky chap :) I tend to be able to get tickets for games over the christmas period as they do offers on kop tickets and stuff (admittedly right at the back but it's better than not being there!). I've been in the centenary a few times but can't anymore because I go with my brother who is 6'6 and the centenary is appalling for leg room! Some season ticket holder told me the other side is better for room. Whereabouts in the ground is your season ticket?