Sign in to follow this  

Surrounding the Ref in football

I think something should be done about this. It is just not acceptable if you disagree with a decision to surround the ref and pressure him into changing his mind.

I think Arsenal should be punished with a point deduction for bad sportsmanship.

The referees decision is always final.

Originally posted by Lickszz

I think something should be done about this. It is just not acceptable if you disagree with a decision to surround the ref and pressure him into changing his mind.

I think Arsenal should be punished with a point deduction for bad sportsmanship.

I think it was awful, 5 bad referee decisions in a days football.

Me and my dad were in tears over match of the day when thinking what football has become with these rubbish referees.

Going back on a decision like this ref did was unprofessional.

Originally posted by Lickszz

but i t was a bad decision in the first place if you ask me.

so who should be punished, the ref or arsenal?

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

but i t was a bad decision in the first place if you ask me.

so who should be punished, the ref or arsenal?

the referee, players argue with the referee all the time- the referee reversed his decision BECAUSE of the players. :loopy:

Well, I think they both should be punished. Referees should not be able to be swayed in their decisions and players should no better than crowd the red in such a fashion. There is a polite question of the refs decision but never to that extent.

do you actually think it was a penalty?

I personally think it was a penalty, you can clearly see how Andy Cole knocked the ball forward and Ashley Cole cropped him. :rant:

What about Henry about 5 mins later at the other end, a fulham defender went right into his achilles, whilst he was in the area, and no penalty! :rant:

There were too many other examples of bad referees yestersday but I don't wanna go into them cause it's bad for my stress levels :rant:

Well, to me the ref pointed to the spot initially and then changed his mind after the protest. He allowed himself to be talked out of the decision. Bad for the game.

He blew then consulted the linesman who agreed it wasn't a pen. He restarted the game in the correct manner. What was wrong with him taking the few seconds to get a second opinion if he wasn't sure. In the end I think he got the decision right and showed that despite some of the antics of some of his fellow colleagues he used common sense and bravery and his decision was accepted by the players. Ask them what they thought of him changing his mind and you'll find most of them would agree what he did was correct in the circumstances.

Originally posted by Internetowl

What was wrong with him taking the few seconds to get a second opinion if he wasn't sure

He shouldn't have pointed to the spot in the first place if he wasn't sure. Yesterday was just a shocking day of officialling, absolutely disgusting. We make an 'elite list' of referees, make them full-time professionals to try and improve the standard of refereeing, and they just get worse. Absolutely pitiful. Rob Styles is the worst, the man is a disgrace week in week out. If you or I were that bad at our job, and with such consistency, we'd get the sack.

I watched MOTD on saturday night & watched the West Brom v Fulham match it was worse than the Utd & West Brom match by a mile,Cole still thinks he is at Man Utd & the over the top punch was Tyson all over.The way the Fulham players surrounded the ref was disgusting,they should have points deducted for that action.