Making your own bookmarks

hi does anyone here make their own bookmarks? if so, what type. is it possible to buy pouches for laminating which you could put your own message / picture in and then seal it up to make a bookmark? thanks

I have cross stitched bookmarks before. Or you could design your own with anything, paint, embellishments etc and then laminate it :thumbsup:

does anyone know where you can get a small amount of laminate pouches which would be suitable for bookmarks?

Why not make up a few different bookmarks and put them into one a4 pouch and cut them out afterwards?

I have had a lot of success with cross stitch bookmarks, using an Aida edging band, then backing it with some satin ribbon. If you wanted to stiffen it, then you can put a piece of card between the stitching and the ribbon.

Alternatively, I make "string" bookmarks. Using a piece of fairly thin cord, or leather (such as you get for some necklaces), and I put a charm and a few beads on one end, and a couple of beads on the other end. The "string" bit lies perfectly in the book, with the beads at either end.

Hiya,

If cross stitching isn't your thing - just pop into Argos and buy a laminatin kit (£20 - £30) you can cut the laminate to whatever size you require. I'm a photographers but hace used this technique for many odd sized photographs.

Tim.

If you go to the Parchment Craft (Pergamano) section in Sheffield Hobbycraft, they sell bookmark pouches. These are not laminating pouches but I think they are better and slightly thicker. Ideal for slipping in your own paper, card or fabric design. They're about £3 for 6 (I think).

Hope this helps