Sign in to follow this  

Bobby Robson Sacked by Newcastle

Anyone else think this was a little harsh? The reason given was Newcastle's poor start to the season, but for the last few seasons they've done the same and finished in the top 4 or 5. Bobby Robson was a great England manager and deserved better IMO. His contract was due to expire at the end of the season anyway, so was there really a great need to get rid of him 4 games into the season?

i agree he did a great job 4 england and bar another penelty disaster we and he would have been world champs. i think the main prob at newcastle was a bit of player power kicking in and also a major fallout with freddy sheperd. results havnt been good so all things considered i wasnt supprised by is sacking, good man massively respected give him a job at weds mighnt learn c turner a few tricks.

It's a disgrace- sacking managers when the season is only 4/5 games in. What does 4/5 games show?!?!?!

As for Sir Bobby- he is one of the greatest managers that Newcastle have ever had and he seriously loves his team.

Why not get rid of some of the overpaid big-headed footballers than sacking the manager.

Perhaps Freddy Shepherd wants to be the centre stage again, and have Shearer as his puppet.

Sir Bobby wouldn't bow down to that pompous pratt, that's why he's gone, nothing to do with results.

good call mate about shepherd and shearer, altho imo shearer has been a top striker ithink he as been possibly instrumental in a way in robsons demise. i remember when he was at is peak playing 4 england that he was very influencial in the picking of certain players. my point is that at newcastle he wheels quite a lot of power and as made 1 or 2 points about certain players brought in which he didnt agree with. being in fs pcket may in the long run land shearer the newcastle job , is he good enough i think not probably end up with yet another non english manager. just a final point terry venables is out of work maybe he will take the job altho i find him a bit of a mercenrey.

Going by todays standards I was suprised that they didn't 'relieve' him of his duties at the end of last season.

alan shearer doesnt have enough experience to manage a big tema, such as newcastle- remember what happened with john barnes and celtic. he started off well, but then the players/ fans didnt know who was really in charge (barnes or dalgleish) and this undermined barnes position with the players.

looks likt venables may get the position or be there to 'help' shearer- either decision would be a mistake!

As far as I'm aware Shearer is playing until the end of the season then retiring. They could bring someone in short term like El-Tel and he could be no.2 and learn the ropes until it's time to take over.

If Terry Venables does take over there might be a few lawsuits flying around as usual. :D

Originally posted by Lickszz

If Terry Venables does take over there might be a few lawsuits flying around as usual. :D

how come there would be lawsuits for venables??

Take a look into Venables history. He always seems to have other concerns off the pitch.

It seems that Graeme Souness might be taking over now he had quit Blackburn.