Sign in to follow this  

Well Done Kelly

Well Done to Kelly Holmes. Two outstanding performances.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2004?

I'll second that Lickszz and all the more commendable bearing in mind her age at 34.

:thumbsup:

Her running style seems very unorthodox and it always appears as though she is struggling. Hopefully she will keep this form for the World Championships.

Originally posted by Lickszz

Her running style seems very unorthodox and it always appears as though she is struggling. Hopefully she will keep this form for the World Championships.

No pressure then? I think it proves that thirties are the new twenties! Im 35 and at my peak girls He he!

Originally posted by Lickszz

It is a pretty dam fine tactic (evidently- as she has two gold medals!) and she has done brilliantly.

Hopefully she'll beat Wayne Rooney to the BBC Sports Personality 2004.

Rooney is good but she has won two gold medals, wasn't the last British athlete to do that in the 1930s?!?

Yes it was although, you could argue that Coe, Ovett and Cram would have accomplished this had it not been for each other.

Well done Kel - theres a brit to be proud of!

And I hope her dad keeps clear after what Ive been reading in the media- he sounds a right waste of space if you ask me.

What's the deal with her dad Angelus?

Kelly must win sports personality, I mean I'm a football nut and Rooney had a great euro, but he shouldn't bet sports personality for that. He'll have to get fit and do something spectacular for England or United this side of Christmas to even have a look in.

Originally posted by Jonesy

What's the deal with her dad Angelus?

Kelly must win sports personality, I mean I'm a football nut and Rooney had a great euro, but he shouldn't bet sports personality for that. He'll have to get fit and do something spectacular for England or United this side of Christmas to even have a look in.

Plus athletes are 10 times the sportsmen than footballers are now.