Sign in to follow this  

Amir Khan V Prince Naseem

Anyone been following Amir Khan's vintage performances in the Olympics. He was just awesome tonight and is destined to win that GOLD! I think he is going to be greater than Prince Naseem Hamed.

The lad is just 17. I take my hat off to him. Well done son!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon Khan you can do it for Britain.

Amy

I saw it he has lots of potential, but I think he lacks strength maybe?

Originally posted by J-Blaze

I saw it he has lots of potential, but I think he lacks strength maybe?

and maybe the big fight experience to go on and take gold, but I must say he has been good and is a great future prospect.

Thought the fight tonight was excellent and when he got going 'whoomph' the other guy knew about it.. Shall be tuning into the final on Sunday.. C'mon lad!

Yes he does lack a bit of strength but he has a good and quick left jab on him, he won't go far wrong :D

DeeJ

Amir is a down to earth, level headed guy unlike Prince who was an arrogant, cocky fighter.

Mates tell me that he's all changed but we'll have to wait and see WHEN & IF he gets back into the ring!

Good luck bro on Sunday, we'll all be rooting for you

Izzy

IMO Khan is better at this stage. Although Khan will have a job on becoming the fighter that Hamed was.

Khan is a massive prospect though and I really hope he obtain the gold, although considering the guy he is up against I'm expecting a struggle.

Well it's the only sport in this Olympics that I couldn't give a toss about, but at least in a boxing match the meat-heads are generously given a chance to exterminate each other. :thumbsup:

Khan is definatly a great prospect but he lacks the natural power of Naz!. I do not doubt that he will be a big name in boxing in the future.

nyc to hear that Amir aint gonna turn professional

gonna fight in next olympics and then which is good

At 17 he is still young enough to wait for next Olympics and then turn pro should he wish. I just hope there isn't a 15 year old Cuban waiting in the wings who halt his dream.

Whats happening with Naz now- anyone know?

He just seems content to sit on the sidelines not announcing a retirement but not making any effort for a comeback. I truely believe that he wants to comeback but hasn't got the real motivation to put the work in that is required.

It must be hard when you are financially secure and content.

There is also plenty of rumours that he would struggle to make featherweight again and his venturing up towards middleweight these days.

I would like to see him comeback because I believe that he was good for the sport.