View Full Version : Has anyone heard of Wescot Credit Services

bob26
15-11-2006, 21:38
Had a Notice of Debt Collection this morning through the post from this company saying I owed 1742.60 to Lombard Finance. I have never had any dealings with Lombard so I rang Wescot to ask where and when this outstanding balance came from. They told me they had no documentation but if I paid them 1000 they would write the rest off.

After seaching I found a forum about this company and how they send letters to people with bogus debts.

Has anyone else had any problems with this company?:help:

bluesandtwos
15-11-2006, 21:39
hand it over to trading standards, or watchdog or similar. yet another scam.

kittenta
15-11-2006, 21:43
They are actually a legitimate company, I had dealings with them some years ago, but they do send out letters in different names too so if they say they are passing it on and you get a letter from somewhere else, it is likely to still be from them :rolleyes:

Other people could however be using the companies name to con people!

bob26
15-11-2006, 21:47
But I know I don't owe them anything.

kittenta
15-11-2006, 21:50
Some one could be using there name like i said, they aren't very well organised to be honest. If they can't show you any paper work, forget it. If they contact you again contact the above places suggested

bob26
15-11-2006, 21:53
Going to CAB tomorrow and see what they suggest.

kittenta
15-11-2006, 21:54
good, i wouldn't worry too much though :thumbsup:

Rob_1
15-11-2006, 22:05
Maybe someone has stolen your identity and racked up a debt in your name, though you should have had other letters about it before now.

peardrops
15-11-2006, 22:09
They told me they had no documentation but if I paid them 1000 they would write the rest off.:

Not your problem them, you can't be expected to pay a debt without any relevant documentation.

Make sure you took a note of the person name you spoke to and then ask them to take you to court (as long as you are 100% sure you don't have a debt with them).

I did the same thing with Scottish Power after 12 months of pestering phone calls, they ended up paying for the court case and compensation to myself for loss of earnings for attending court, telephone calls and distress.

Blinking fools!

sooz22
15-11-2006, 22:12
They have been chasing my partner for months and some how got hold of my mobile number and started harassing me. Broke the consumer credit act and the data protection act in one go.

Slynsammie
15-11-2006, 22:17
I had dealings with them but nothing bad.

Zaytsev
15-11-2006, 22:17
But I know I don't owe them anything.

Unless they can produce documentation to show that you owe the debt, a signed agreement for instance, tell them to forth and multiply. :thumbsup:

sooz22
15-11-2006, 22:19
Unless they can produce documentation to show that you owe the debt, a signed agreement for instance, tell them to forth and multiply. :thumbsup:

They seem to be very good at the multiplying bit.....

Zaytsev
15-11-2006, 22:20
They seem to be very good at the multiplying bit.....

Ok then tell em to F**K OFF :hihi:

peardrops
15-11-2006, 22:21

You are not expected to fulfill any debit without a full breakdown of the costs involved. So say for example you owed 100 and they have added another 1,500 they have to show this in their documentation.

Tell them to swivel!

Zaytsev
15-11-2006, 22:23
You are not expected to fulfill any debit without a full breakdown of the costs involved. So say for example you owed 100 and they have added another 1,500 they have to show this in their documentation.

Tell them to swivel!

Precisely. The original poster has stated that he/she has had no dealing with Lombard and so no documentation to prove the debt should exist.

bob26
15-11-2006, 22:25
I got my credit report from Experion and there's nothing about Lombard in the last 6 years. But maybe thats because I haven't had any dealings with them.

Zaytsev
15-11-2006, 22:28
I got my credit report from Experion and there's nothing about Lombard in the last 6 years. But maybe thats because I haven't had any dealings with them.

Try equifax as well they are more comprehensive. As I have said though if you genuinely know you have no dbet with Lombard don't lose any sleep over it. :thumbsup:

PeteC
15-11-2006, 22:32
they have chased me for debts i didn't ow them in the past

best one was one tel

for a phone number i never knew of - attached to a phonline i never had installed at an address i had never lived at

priceless!

if you know for sure you haven't ever delt with lombard tel them to take it to court - see how far they go

sooz22
15-11-2006, 22:38
Ok then tell em to F**K OFF :hihi:

Did so in no uncertain terms and havnt heard from them for over a month. Threatening them with my solicitor certainly helped :hihi:

peardrops
15-11-2006, 22:38
Your debt may not be with Lombard but if they don't have the paperwork what can they proof.

Just say whenever they ring thay unless they can provide relevant paperwork they can do whatever they like including sending debt collectors. They cannot action debts without specific bills!

They will eventually realise they are total pricks or they will take you to court and the judge will proof they are total pricks!

upinwath
15-11-2006, 23:36
The git that lived at my place before me ran up god knows how much dept and when he did a moonlight the letter carried on.

Wescot and others sent loads of letters and a couple of thugs round to collect. No matter how many times I explained I was not the bloke they wanted (and privided proof of ID) they would not go away.

Watch them like a hawk and make sure you NEVER allow them into the house.
I do know that they have no right of entry and if they touch you in any way to gain entry it's assault.
Don't believe all the crap they will tell you about their right to collect - they have none without a court order.
My mate is a dept collector and the things they do to collect is a nasty joke.
the more cash he collects, the more gets paid so he takes it off anyone who happens to be around and so daft as to pay.

If there is no dept get a credit report from experian and tell wescot to sod off.
I'm not sure what the law says about this but I'll put money on it they are doing something illegal.

ANDIM68
15-11-2006, 23:51
I keep getting letters from the company addressed to the occupier asking for details of where the previous tennants are now living as if I know. The house was empty for a while before I moved in two years ago. They also keep sending letters addressed to the previous occupiers Mr ************(can tell by address on back of envelope) I wouldn`t mind so much but this is the third time now, that I`ve had to supply the same information tried telling them but apparantly 3 different debts. I`m not suprised by the number of letters for the previous residents and worse still the inconvenience of people knocking on door I`m fed up of showing proof of who I am on some times to the same company different people. I wouldn`t mind but all letters not for me are always returned.
Anyone know how long I should have to keep returning letters after two years you`d think people would get the hint. Been told by a postie the letters have to be delivered but do I have to send them back.

upinwath
16-11-2006, 00:13
I keep getting letters from the company addressed to the occupier asking for details of where the previous tennants are now living as if I know. .

I open all the letters addressed to Mr C. (the bent git before me in this place).
That way I know who he has been stealing cash from and what half man/half ape they are sending round to get the cash.

In the last weeks I had the good news that he now has a bank loan at this address and has been asking for credit cards.
I called all the new people and told them what was going on.
As for the wonderful cretins ay lloyds/tsb it took threats of letting Mr C. know that they were sending his bank details to me knowing that he no longer living here to get them to stop.
Told them he was a bent git and there was a fair chance he would sue them using the data protection act.
That got them to call it a day.:hihi:

Kristian
16-11-2006, 00:20
I open all the letters addressed to Mr C. (the bent git before me in this place).

I trust you know it's an offence (punishable by imprisonment) to open mail not addressed to you? :)

Rob_1
16-11-2006, 15:36
If they can't supply you with a copy of the original, signed (by you) credit agreement (this falls under sections 77-79 of the consumer credit act 1974) then the debt is unenforceable. I realise you're saying you haven't got a debt with them anyway, but do this and they will realise they've got no chance of getting a penny out of you.

Devine22
16-11-2006, 15:48
Had a Notice of Debt Collection this morning through the post from this company saying I owed 1742.60 to Lombard Finance. I have never had any dealings with Lombard so I rang Wescot to ask where and when this outstanding balance came from. They told me they had no documentation but if I paid them 1000 they would write the rest off.

After seaching I found a forum about this company and how they send letters to people with bogus debts.

Has anyone else had any problems with this company?:help:

I have had dealings with this company, I owed nothing, someone had used my name to buy things. They had no proof and I said show me a signature where I purchased goods. They couldnt and never wrote another letter, some people probably just pay them because they are worried about debt collectors. Its a scam.

NinjaPunk
16-11-2006, 16:03
Wouldn't go ringing random contact numbers on letters like that too...

Could easily charge you 50-odd quids...

ANOTHER scam going around...

Ha! Poop-shoot truffles.

upinwath
16-11-2006, 18:54
I trust you know it's an offence (punishable by imprisonment) to open mail not addressed to you? :)

I don't care but I do care what gorilla these baskets are sending round next.
Have these sods at your door and you would want warning they were coming.
These hairy apes have little interest that you are not their target as they get paid for collecting cash and some will go to almost any length to get it including intimidating whoever is around.

I have got rid of most of them now but the bent sod is still trying to get cash at this address and a few letters from dept companies still come for him.

I open the lot and sod them.