Recommendations for ground cover, heavy clay, some shade

I would like some suggestions for ground cover plants to cover the spaces in my borders whilst my shrubs bulk up a bit. My garden is clay type soil, quite wet in places, with lots of the border shaded by fence etc. Hopefully there is something out there that will surpress weeds and look pretty.

Some things I had in my last house were: london pride, ?sedum acre (if thats the one with little golden green shoots and leaves and bright yellow flowers), and the spring flowering purple ones that everyone has spreading over their walls (cant remember the name again)! But not sure if these would be suitable here. I had a lovely blue (hardy perennial) geranium too but I didnt know the name of the variety.

Can you give me some suggestions? Where can I buy them from? Can anyone offer me any cuttings?

Is it the wrong time of year for this sort of plant?

periwinkle sounds ideal - it has a pretty varigated leaf, with a lovely blue-purple flower. It can be a bit prolific, but does look lovely.

Yes, I had some of that in one of my old houses too. Will see if I can find some more. It did spead a lot but it looked good. I dont think mine was varigated though. Lovely blue flower.