Interview advice/tips

My first real interview is coming along! I have one interview for a college place on the 17th of February, and a interview at a 6th form school the day after! Argh!

I know what kind of thing I should be wearing, so I'm not worried about that. I also know what I need to bring with me! But the main thing I'm worried about is how to go about things! It's my first time and I'm scared of saying/doing something wrong and making a fool of myself!

Obviously I'm going to be myself, etc, but I'm stuck on the rest of it! Can anyone give me any tips on how to calm my nerves before an interview?

I was "interviewed" for several Uni's. They were so keen to have anyone that they weren't interviews at all, more like sales pitches. I wouldn't worry about it. I would be surprised if you had a formal interview regardless of what you are told. My personal tutor at uni was the admissions tutor and he got rid of interviews when he started because he said it was too painfull for him and for the interviewee as even the most able had little more to say than "I went to X and did these A-Levels......." He said they didn't help him decide at all, and it was better for him to rely on the results.

The first time I came to Sheffield it was sunny. He assured me that it was always sunny in Sheffield, the liar! A had a laugh with him about this before I graduated. He was a very nice man.

where is the interview being held for college?

lol, look out for me :P

then again, im not in on monday :(

whos interviewing you?

I haven't a clue! All the information I have been given is to be at the main reception at a certain time, with my record of achievement! argh!

When a woman from college came to my school on parent's evening, she said it would either be her or an middle aged man. (that narrows it down) hehehe!

(Look out for you? I don't know what you look like! hahaha!)

pat fay :|

shes the college head, shes ok, but i dont know her really.

middle aged man *might* be John Ashmoore, hes excellent, and my maths teacher ;)

I'm not sure who it is really. I'm kind of hoping it was the woman I spoke to on my parent's evening. She was a little abrupt at first, but once I got chatting to her, she openeing up a little, and wasn't so scary! (I remember her to be quite a large build of woman, with short hair and glasses) When we spoke, she also wanted to know my plans for university. So I'm really hoping it's her because she said she'd have some info back at college for me about the university I wish to go to :-)

theres an ENTIRE wall of prospectus' in student services :D

sounds like pat :)

Oh nooo! Watch me knock em down or something! I'm really clumsy when I'm nervous! When you had your interview, what kind of things were you asked?

what i know, what ive done, what i want to do next, why do i want to come to college, whats this all about in your RoA, what do you want to do, where do you want to do it etc.

i goto Peaks mainly and norton for computing, its horrible at norton (hardly any windows!)

but peaks is lovely :D

i couldnt goto 6th form cos i was fed up of uniform/school environment/little annoying kids :lol:

If I don't get a 6th form place, I'd probably be studying three of my A levels at Peaks, and one at Norton. How the hell would I get to Norton from where I live? It'd take forever and I'd have to make the journey alone!