Is there a craft you have never done

but would love to try?

Thinking of trying something new next year, just to have a go, but not sure what at yet :)

I'd like to give oil painting a try. It looks suitably messy. I've also signed up for an enamelling class which I'm really looking forward to, though it doesn't start til April.

I'm really looking forward to being let loose with the potter's wheel in my ceramics class. Lots of scope for mess there too :) .

So you like lots of mess then hecate :hihi:

I do. You should see my house :hihi: . The cats are sulking because they can't find a spare bit of desk space to curl up and go to sleep on.

I have a mat that is supposed to be for a desk that I use as my craft mat. It has a big picture of a tabby cat on it and it doesn't matter where i put it my tabby and white cat lays on it :rolleyes: I'm just glad i don't use a strong glue :hihi:

*makes a promise to dig out a glass painting kit that's unused*

I think my problem with kits is that they tell you what you have to make, and I was never very good at being that non-creative ;)

Yes and many of them don'teven give you a choice of design to pick from

I'm definately going to have a go at scrap booking - just trying to get some ideas together before I begin! It's going to be all about my 2 kiddies though! Can't wait!!!

I'm definately going to have a go at scrap booking - just trying to get some ideas together before I begin! It's going to be all about my 2 kiddies though! Can't wait!!!

So do you have anything in mind? Are the kids allowed to join in or could they do their own maybe? I'm going to get my two to do a scrapbook each all about our walks, days out and holidays :) I can't wait either!!!

Think I'm going to do this one myself as my eldest isn't really arty, he's sport mad and nothing will tear him away from his footie(ence the user name he picked for me!) and the little one is only 22 months so we'd probably end up with more glue on her than the scrap book! (she helped me out on my paper mache bowl though!) My ideas at the moment are all about things they do together I think - and I think a good place to start will be her 2nd birthday in February, you know, the party and present opening etc (should have got my new camera by then as well) then holidays, walks, etc. ooh I can't wait now!!

went into town today and bought some scrap booking stuff - The Works on the Moor have some lovely kits in to get you started. Kits with over 70 pieces in for £2.99 a pack! Bought a couple of them and some other bits. Thought I would buy a couple of things like this every week and then get started. Can anyone help on where to get the albums from though - do hobbycraft sell them?

You made a start then! Hobby craft did used to sell them not long back but you could always give them a ring and ask if you aren't heading that way for anything else.