Help with Strawberry plants

hi there does any one know, are they pirennial? ie can strawberry plants be over wintered in the ground, or do i start again next year? thanks.

Strawberry plants will last for a few years, generally planting new plants Oct/Nov time. They are usually best replaced after about 3 years, or better still get new plants from the runners of the existing ones,

Rob

Yep - as Rob as already said, if you already have established strawberry plants then they will come back next year. It's a good idea to remove any dead leaves etc from them at this time of year and just tidy them up a bit ready for the next growing season.

I didn't purposefully plant strawberries last season, but I have a couple of rogue plants down the side of my greenhouse and I don't doubt they will be back in the spring, despite my best efforts! :hihi:

I repotted some of the runners (with the intention of moving them to a more sensible place) and they are doing fine in the greenhouse.

I have a flower bed full of `em and theyve been there for years through ice and snow and...

Theyre still nice and healthy and give some nice strawberries each year.

Its just a pity i hate strawberries.