Whats wrong with you?????

My baby has always been a good sleeper but he is a pain in the bum lately. i put him down at 8ish after milk and supper, feed him in his sleep at 11ish and he used to go thru til 8 NOW hes up at 3.30/4.30 where i have to give him another bottle

some one said just give him water but then he wakes up more often

He sleeps for 2hrs in the afternoon is that too long at 14m?

He eats loads in the day WHATS WRONG?????

Hi Natalie

I have a 14m old who sleep 2 hours during the afternoon yet still sleeps 12 hours at night. Actually if he doesn't get his 2 hrs in the day, he sleeps less at night. I don't have any ideas really - why do you wake him at 11pm for a feed? Does he go straight back to sleep at 4am after his bottle? Did anything kick start this waking in the early hours e.g. illness?

Mine started this around that time - his last set of molars were coming through:(

Try not waking him to give him a bottle if he is sleeping - wait until he wakes for that night feed?

Cosycub did this for a while. I think it's just a stage, a phase (isn't everything?) It should pass.

I was quite firm about not getting up with him, and went straight back to controlled crying. There was no way I was going to lose my night's sleep - if he wants a nice, bouncy, energetic mummy, he will just have to sleep through or amuse himself (unless he's ill, of course).

It also occurred to me that though I don't know your baby, and they are all different, 14 months seemed a bit old to still be dreamfeeding. He should be more than capable of sleeping through without milk. Is there a possibility that waking him, even if just for a dreamfeed, is disturbing his sleep patterns? I don't know, but maybe worth a try?

Good luck, I know it's miserable being woken again. Makes you wonder how you coped the first few months. Hugs.

thanks guys! gonna try nipping the 11pm feed in the butt and c what happens