Aikido in Sheffield - where & when?

Does anyone know of aikido classes in Sheffield? Ta very much.

Dear Waxy

Yes,there's a good one one Wellington St. Its in what looks like a factory

opposite the South Yorkshire Housing Association offices.Just go through the wicket gate,up the stairs on your left and follow your nose. It's a good

club and the place is all matted.

there are quite alot of aikido groups in sheffield if you have not found one, there are three located in the same dojo but at different times,

have you never thought of doing budo taijutsu?

Hi Waxy,

The Sheffield Aikido club have a fantastic new venue at the English Institute of Sport and meet at 7pm on Thursdays.

For morinformation phone Steve 01246 853897

Does anyone know if there are any Aikido classes in Sheffield and where are they held?

Closer to Centre or South Sheffield the better please.

Thank you:thumbsup:

If your really a bouncer why not contact

Excalibur security on 07811943071

as they have a 'Real Restraints' course about to begin, taught by a Professional Cage Fighting Champion, covering grab and carry, restrain and remove and how to deal with real situations.

if not then why not come train at sheffield Shootfighters on langsett rd in hillsbrough.

not really the same as aikido is it.

The university has an aikido club, I don't know the details, but try looking it up on http://www.shef.ac.uk

Originally posted by Ross P

If your really a bouncer why not contact

Excalibur security on 07811943071

as they have a 'Real Restraints' course about to begin, taught by a Professional Cage Fighting Champion, covering grab and carry, restrain and remove and how to deal with real situations.

if not then why not come train at sheffield Shootfighters on langsett rd in hillsbrough.

I WERE a bouncer until about May when I retired from the industry. I have been taught restraint techniques, search & Eject as well as conflict management.

I want to do Aikido thanks - I don't need real street fighting courses. I enjoyed the art of Aikido when I practiced some years ago so I'd like to practice that again. However thanks for the input.

Cyclone - cheers for the university heads up, I'll look into it.:thumbsup:

hey i regulaly attend aikido classes at the enlish institute of sport behind the hallam fm arena and the new ice skating place, obviously its amazing facility wise and so is the training which is ran by tow 2nd dan black belts. there is always a minimum of 2 black belts and as classes are seniors only and are around 10-12 strong there is a huge amount of personal tuition. times are 8-9 on thursdays