Children and crafting

I'm sure some of you on here have kiddies! What crafts do they like to do??

My little sister likes felting, she does needle felting and wet felt, she has recently been making felted beads on three pencils.

My little sister likes felting, she does needle felting and wet felt, she has recently been making felted beads on three pencils.

I'd go with that too. My kiddies love wet felting and making beads/marbles. Fork knitting, weaving, cutting and sticking(don't they all), junk modelling (not my favourite at all..lol)...........

my boys have started to learn xstitch, and they like pom pom animals.

As well as the usual glitter/sticking pictures and cards

Ok, here i go sounding dumb again :D What is felting??? :confused:

Felting is making felt from wool by either pricking with needles or using water and friction and a deteregent.

I've never heard of that one!

My kids enjoy the usual painting and sticking but are now getting into card making and stitching. They have made models with fimo before too and really enjoyed that. Wouldn't mind teaching them something new though :)

I had two much younger brothers when I was in my teens (still got them too ;) ), but saturdays was my day to mind them, and we dug out the messy stuff :thumbsup:

We particularly liked the papier mache landscape for some warhammer type game they'd got into, complete with caves and other random lumpy features :)

Kids love getting messy :P and once we'd done the papier mache, we got to paint it too :banana:

The table decs we did for christmas, stealing mum's egg cups for candle holders, were much admired in a 'which shop did you buy those in' kind of way - which isn't bad going for a 4yr old and a 2yr old

We also turned margarine lids into pictures - painting the edges, then cutting the photo's to exactly fit the flat top within

Sounds like you had loads of fun! My two want to make some christmas stuff, I just haven't decided what yet........

My little sister is 6, I don't see her often, maybe once every one or two weeks. So when I do see her, I like to make it special, I take things for us too do. The other week, I took a big piece of cardboard, a pile of magazines, scissors and glue, and we just sat there for hours making a collage. We had loads of fun :D

I have no imagination, these sound great cheap ideas for my 2 boys, I'm going to pinch them if I may :D