The Christmas Lights - seem to be lacking in a christmasy feel - WHY??

What are you opinions on the City's Christmas lights? Does anyone else think it's time for some new ones? :)

Guest Guest

Good as the lights are, I think some new ones are definitely needed.

Guest Guest

Yeah, the Christmas tree lights are very poor. The council spends millions on all kinds of stupid "tourist" attractions, yet they can't afford to give Sheffield a decent set of Christmas tree lights.

It's very bad form :(

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

What are you opinions on the City's Christmas lights? Does anyone else think it's time for some new ones? :)

yes i agree sheffield needs to up date :cry: It would help us all to get into the christmas spirit, :D [/b]

Guest Guest

Has anyone seen the lights in Manchester or Leeds? How do they compare?

Guest Guest

manchester has a lot of lights and they are all working. the decorations are same as years back but they are well-maintained.

there are 2 christmas markets - the town hall square is european, st annes square is german. the city is looking good.

Guest Guest

It would be nice if anyone could take pictures of the christmas lights so us ex-pats could have an opinion on them to. I still feel very passionatly about Sheffield, its people and affairs despite not living there.

How about some pics then...........please!!!! :)

Guest Guest

let me tell you,they rushed to put the christmas lights up,and did not even check the bulbs to see if they were working.........inside info :D

Guest Guest

I visited a friend that lives in Truro (a much smaller place than Sheffield) and their lights were amazing. They were still quite simply, but somehow look about 20 years more modern than our sorry efforts :cry:

Guest Guest

They were a million times better than the University's pathetic display - two strings of white lights on a single tree.

got to agree. about time they invested in a new set of lights. Hopefully from the winter gardens and the millenium gallery and stuff it looks like the city centre is being done up. So a new set of lights wouldn't go a miss seeing as the old ones weren't up to much :)

if they are anything like the ones in corby then you need new ones, i think the localo council bought them from oxfam they were that bad, but on town scale size i think theres twice the amount of ppl that hillsborough can hold not that many even