Baby's Putting The Boot In.

My other half- bless her little cotton socks, is having a few problems. For the past few days the baby has been kicking like a skinhead at a rock concert.

Our last one, Sophie was a kicker too, but this time the baby seems to be doing the can-can.

Does anyone know if it means anything in particular? Are we, god help us, going to have a hyperactive baby?

Has my other half eaten something thats given baby a burst of energy?

Have you had anything similar to this? Can activity such as this probably give a clue to the sex of the baby?

The last scan showed nothing so we`re grasping at straws here as to the sex.

I don't think this is too unusual- niecelet spent the last 4 months of her gestation in almost perpetual hiccups, apart from when she was asleep.

My 2nd twin was extremely active in utero and has been the more active one all along, right up to present day, she's also been the faster developer and has the greater strength as a result. She's a nutter with a great sense of humour too. One thing which really set her off was pouring water over my bump in the bath. Totally gymnastic. Oh and she is ridiculousy bendy - like hyperflexive bendy.

The first twin was much quieter, moves a lot less and also remains more chilled out and less active than her sister, her development is slightly slower and she doesn't have the same strength but does show a much greater aptitude in social skills and expressions.

So, although I don't know any old wives tales or even diagnoses of what it means, I think it could be safe to say that your child will be very active once born.

I remember reading that cold or sugary drinks (cold orange juice especially with the fructose hit) can make the baby go a little hyper. It's sometimes suggested for women who are concerned about lack of movement so they can do a safe check up on their baby.

Just give Mrs Jabberwocky a hug from me - I know exactly how that feels. This little monster kicked constantly from 5 months on. Whenever the midwife asked if I'd felt kicking in the last hour, I'd be laughing hysterically and saying 'only twice in the last 10 seconds - is this normal? Is it? Well is it? Because it's driving me mad!'

Out popped a HUGE baby - 10lb 13oz and that explained a lot. He probably wasn't so much kicking as wriggling his big toe, lol. And there was no warning he would be this size until two weeks before he was due. So that's one option - sorry! Still, big and healthy and lively is always good...

And cosycub isn't hyper, just active and bright. I don't think you can take any information from it except that you'd better be five hundred times as nice to your lass - getting a good kicking from the inside definitely signs you up for the extra pampering list.

She noticed on Friday when we went to a party, the baby was kicking in tune to the music.

Looks like he/shes going to be a dancer. :D

My girl was always wriggling to music inside me, and shes 11wks old now and still wriggles and dances whenever she hears music

Is that your little sweetie on your pic clareyfairy?

Adorable pic :)

Oh, too cute. Bring her to Jellytots and have an afternoon relaxing, you wouldn't see the baby for a while that's for sure!

HOw could anyone have missed it? Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays at the Victoria Methodist MIsson on CHapel Walk, lower ground floor, 1 - 3pm. If you do a search on Jellytots on the forum you'll find all the info we have. Just opened this week so Wednesday will be our second day. Hope you can come.