A year has gone so quickly

A year ago tonight I was perched beneath an enormous bump which passed for a twin pregnancy and I was desperate to give birth.

A year ago tomorrow was the day I was given a c-section date for the following Tuesday and we came home and decided to make a really big effort to unpack the last remaining boxes and be fully prepared for the arrival of our babies.

Sure enough after putting clothes away for about 30 minutes I thought I'd finally lost all control of my bladder and weed myself, in fact I'd gone into labour and the girls were born by emergency c-section (emergency in that it was unplanned for then) 4 hours later at 10.13 and 10.15 pm.

It's been an exhausting year, it certainly wins the award for year of least sleep, but it's also been full of new wonders, giggles, cuddles and silliness.

Tomorrow I shall be celebrating their safe arrival and the fun they've been. I doubt they will have any idea of what's going on except lots of interesting boxes and bit of paper to play with (never the toys of course!)

It's strange to reflect on the year and see all the changes, in one respect it has passed in a flash and in another it's been a long time (that's the sleepless part) and although there have been times I could have cheerfully chucked them out of the window it's all been worth it.

Happy birthday Twingles x

A year ago tonight I was perched beneath an enormous bump which passed for a twin pregnancy and I was desperate to give birth.

A year ago tomorrow was the day I was given a c-section date for the following Tuesday and we came home and decided to make a really big effort to unpack the last remaining boxes and be fully prepared for the arrival of our babies.

Sure enough after putting clothes away for about 30 minutes I thought I'd finally lost all control of my bladder and weed myself, in fact I'd gone into labour and the girls were born by emergency c-section (emergency in that it was unplanned for then) 4 hours later at 10.13 and 10.15 pm.

It's been an exhausting year, it certainly wins the award for year of least sleep, but it's also been full of new wonders, giggles, cuddles and silliness.

Tomorrow I shall be celebrating their safe arrival and the fun they've been. I doubt they will have any idea of what's going on except lots of interesting boxes and bit of paper to play with (never the toys of course!)

It's strange to reflect on the year and see all the changes, in one respect it has passed in a flash and in another it's been a long time (that's the sleepless part) and although there have been times I could have cheerfully chucked them out of the window it's all been worth it.

Happy birthday Twingles x

Happy Birthday!!!:) And congratulations Zebra on surviving the 1st year!

Congratulations Zebra and happy birthday to the girls!! From Jellyfish x

Thanks very much.

The girls had a fabulous day, opened all their presents form us and dived like nutters into their inflatable ball pool, played with friends at The Wacky Warehouse, ate lunch with all some friends at the pub, slept, went to a tea party at Nanny and Grandpops house, rode on their new trikes, played with lots of toys, had party food and cake and milk etc, played more and finally came home to play some more before finally very quietly going to bed in a heap of exhaustion.

It's been lovely.

AH, a year ago right now I was in theatre being prepped for the c-section. Definitely better this year!

Belated Happy Birthday, twingles!!! And congratulations, Zebra...I've been told it was all downhill easygoing from 12 months. They lied, of course, but it certainly is a lot of fun!!!