Sign in to follow this  

Where to get Garden Furniture?

Does anyone have any recommendations where I can get nice sturdy garden furiture from? Ideally, I want a large wooden oval table and chairs. I don't want plastic and I don't really like metal/resin. (picky aren't I?!)

All the ones I've seen so far are either really expensive, or poor quality :(

Its difficult at this time of year, in far too many places garden stuff has to make way for Christmas...

might be worth waiting til all the decent stuff comes back in spring and have a looky then.

why do shops seem to think that no-one thinks/does anything about their garden in winter...??? :rant:

My thoughts exactly! I'm hoping that some kind soul will have spotted an end-of-season clearance sale somewhere.

Good idea Zweena! I never even thought of that!

It might be worth trying Markham Grange in Doncaster - it's a bit of a trek from Sheffield though, so I would ring in advance. Last time I went (umm, a month ago I think) they still had a lot of furniture in and most of it was marked down.

Markham Grange has a number of little outlets inside the main garden centre, one of which is this furniture place (I *think* they are run as independent businesses from the main nursery, but don't quote me ;)) but I imagine they are less likely to move the stock out of the way for Christmas - it's worth a try!

Thanks Tracie! Siounds like it might be worth a trip out anyway... need some inspriration for the garden.