Sign in to follow this  

Walkers for Breast Cancer 2007 -Ideas Please

Hello,

I'm thinking of organising a walk for Breast Cancer Care sometime early in the New Year. People would raise money through it in their own way. Is there any one who'd like to help me organise this? I lost my sister to breast cancer in January this year and am thinking of a 4-5 hour walk around Derbyshire somewhere - can you recommend anywhere?

AndyK

PS: Please come along to the event below to chat to me about it .

BBC Radio Sheffield's Day

For Breast Cancer Care on Sat 28 Oct 2006 10:00 am - 4:00 pm in Tudor Square, Sheffield?

Please come along if you or your family have been touched by Breast Cancer or if you just want to lend your support.

This event features live 'Song & Dance' from Directions School of Performing Arts with 'Songs of the Shows' and music from Kevin Kitchen and his Guitar, along with the 'Strictly Easy Dance Fever' Dance Troupe.

The Norfolk Heritage Park Majorettes are also giving a performance of baton skills. Refreshments are being provided free by the new Macdonalds Hotel and Ruskins Bar and the St. John Ambulance will be present all day. The Aerobics sessions are being led by instructors from Ponds Forge Sports Centre.

The BBC Bus which will be in Tudor Square all day!

You'll have the chance to meet BBC Radio Sheffield presenters Jimmy Carol, Antonia Brickell, Paulette Edwards and Andy Kershaw.

There will be a Breast Cancer Care information stand in Tudor Square all day staffed by Breast Cancer Care staff and volunteers who are on hand to deal with any queries. The BBC Bus will also be in Tudor Square all day!

Additionally, the event offers the chance to register for a sponsored 15 minute Pink Aerobics session, each hour throughout the day, in support of Breast Cancer Care and you can find out more about volunteering and supporting the charity in South Yorkshire, the North and the Midlands.

Call now to register on 0114 267 5444 or email: [email protected]

CSV's Make A Difference Day is the UK's largest day of volunteering. Over 110,000 people will do something amazing on Saturday 28 October by taking some time out to make a difference. You can register now at http://www.csv.org.uk