Sign in to follow this  

Adopters share your experiences

anyone adopting? please share your experiences

I would suggest that adoption is a very honourable service in many cases and that you are currently keen to get as much advice/stories as possible.

However, I believe that anonymity is very important. Both for all parents concerned and the children.

From all your posts on this forum, 'emanjay', I can identify you, where you work and some of your domestic details.

You, and others who can pass on experiences, may wish to bear that in mind.

There are some very good adoption support networks on the UK internet. Have you tried any?

I must agree with cgksheff as in some cases adoption is for the most tragic reasons and anonymity is paramount for the childs safety. However, I understand SCC have a lot of info on their website as I've recently been reading about it myself, my partner and I are considering fostering but the type of work we are interested in won't require anonymity.

I hope somehow though that people can help and you could consider altering your previous posts?

if someone was interested in adopting, where would you start to enquire?

Do some research on the net, Sheffield City Council have their own info but they are not the be all and end all, there are very many agencies trhoughout the UK.