Dovedale - car driving altruists required! Saturday 11th November

Well, here's the thing. I've never been to Dovedale, and I'd really really like to. But it's not feasible to get there by public transport, so if I try to set up a walk there, it's going to have to rely on the kindness (in return for petrol money, of course) of a pool of drivers. It would also mean tighter arranging than the usual walk where people do and don't turn up on the day, etc. So this is just to throw out the idea for the near future - any walking group vehicular operatives willing or able to do pick ups? The date of the walk would of course depend on whether the car drivers could commit to a certain day, but I think it's worth a try. What do you all think?

People who don't know about Dovedale, it's supposed to have some of the most stunning rock formations of all the White Peak gorges.

We would be happy to do this but it would have to be a Saturday

Good idea Purdy, I`ve never been either. I would prefer Sunday cos I work alternative Saturdays, so it`d be 50/50 whether I could make it on a Saturday. Maybe you could take a consensus, as before.

I could take 4 with me in my car, maybe North Sheffielders. Leave it with you.

I'm interested. I have a car with space for three passengers. It depends when - what day and what time you're going though. :)

Looking good so far. Glad you like the plan. Maybe, Scubz, if you could say which dates are your saturdays on and off, we could maximise possible seats. I'll leave it for a bit and let other people respond before setting anything in concrete. Thanks for the offers so far, though. :)

I'd be pleased to give three people a lift.

Well I'd love to go depending on the date, and I would need a lift

When are we going?

Yep, I'd be up for this (subject to my usual terms and conditions, of course!). And I've got a car, so there's 3 spaces, (well, four if you've all got small bottoms) ;)

... (subject to my usual terms and conditions, of course!). ...
Which are...?

Which are...?

No bloody hills! :D Looks like there's lots of potential here. I'll set a date (I'm going for a Saturday) for about three weeks' time, so plenty of people can see the thread and save a window in their diary. :)

How about Saturday 11th November

Well I'd love to go depending on the date, and I would need a lift

We can give you a lift Taxman no worries