What is this rampant weed ?

Have got a weed in my garden, that is absolutely taking over.Its got small leaves that look like a strawberry leaf,and runners shooting out from every angle,talk about ground cover !! Ive got daffodil bulbs underneath so I cant do much.Its dreadful,just like something from outer space taking over. :suspect:

If the leaf is spikey wait for it to flower and you will get about £3000 a kilo for it. :hihi:

It isn't bindweed, is it? I've got that stuff everywhere in my garden and the runners are almost impossible to contain.

If the leaf is spikey wait for it to flower and you will get about £3000 a kilo for it. :hihi:

I know what that looks like(wish it were), but its not that. Much smaller ,and dead flat on the floor.

Ive been called both weed and rampant, therefore im a rampant weed.

It isn't bindweed, is it? I've got that stuff everywhere in my garden and the runners are almost impossible to contain.

Im not sure Hecate.I think I know what bindweed looks like,and its not that.Its flatter & stiffer than Bindweed. Covers an enormous amount of garden in no time.

Tear up as much foilage as possible Pattricia and, as it returns, use a paintbrush to paint on ROUNDUP from the bottle.

This should kill it down to the root without affecting other 'wanted' plants close by.

Tear up as much foilage as possible Pattricia and, as it returns, use a paintbrush to paint on ROUNDUP from the bottle.

This should kill it down to the root without affecting other 'wanted' plants close by.

Thanks Don, cant I just paint Roundup straight on it, without tearing up the foliage first ? Do you know the name of it ?

Thanks Don, cant I just paint Roundup straight on it, without tearing up the foliage first ? Do you know the name of it ?

By tearing off the vigorous foliage, you have less painting to do. The plant will put all its effort into releafing and you'll be attacking every attempt.

ROUNDUP is systemic and will pass through the plant cell-to-cell down to the root.

It is 'deactivated' on contact with soil but spray-drift will damgae or kill adjacent plants.

I don't know the name of the weed, but if you could look here and find it's picture, I'm sure it will help? :thumbsup:

By tearing off the vigorous foliage, you have less painting to do. The plant will put all its effort into releafing and you'll be attacking every attempt.

ROUNDUP is systemic and will pass through the plant cell-to-cell down to the root.

It is 'deactivated' on contact with soil but spray-drift will damgae or kill adjacent plants.

I don't know the name of the weed, but if you could look here and find it's picture, I'm sure it will help? :thumbsup:

I see, that is good advice that I will take.It makes sense,will get some Roundup next week.I have an old paintbrush,never thought of using that.

It sounds like it might be creeping buttercup? If so, then it is a real pain - I have some running along the ground by my fence and it was an utter pain to dig out, it took weeks :mad: Hopefully Don's advice will see the end of it for you Pattricia!

It sounds like it might be creeping buttercup? If so, then it is a real pain - I have some running along the ground by my fence and it was an utter pain to dig out, it took weeks :mad: Hopefully Don's advice will see the end of it for you Pattricia!

Tracie ive clicked on your link & that is exactly what it is.Its the worse weed Ive every come across,with it having branching runners.Seems it can have seeds that drop on the ground & stay for years.Seems Dons advice will be the only thing to rid it for the time being, but I do expect to see it back eventually.Thanks to both of you.