High Green/Wortley Walk Today, 21st Oct!!

A big thanks to Scubz for arranging this, me and Mr Tess really enjoyed it and it was great to meet Scubz, Purdyamos, Taxman, Bambi and Bambi's friend!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edit: I think Bambi's friend was Kay, apologies for that!

What a lovely day it turned out to be after such a horrible early morning. So eventful, what with nearly being shot, meeting archeologists that don't do anything other than stare at the ground, and a visit to the world's worst cafe, and hospitality courtesy of the host himself, Scubz. It was nice to meet Scubz minor, and great to meet Tess, Tess667 and Mr Tess too. Kay, why don't you book yourself a username and make it official! I enjoyed seeeing whole chunks of Sheffield I'd never seen before (in 16 years). A great day, with some real belly laughs. Next year, the crags! :)

The photos. In completely the wrong order as usual. Sorry I sliced off Tess' face. (Pardon me for the cabbages joke!) And why do some of my pictures always go pixelated when I upload them to Photobucket?

Glad you enjoyed it folks, wasn`t down to me but due to the great weather and all the unusual stuff that happened along the way! Must say I haven`t laughed as much for years as I did at the cafe! 45 mins to get a flaming butterfly bun, do you think that would get in the Guinness Book of Records?

Think we ought to give the Countess Tea Rooms at Wortley a mention for being the most incompetent tea establishment on the planet.But congratulations to said premises for having the guts to employ incontinent, incoherent, incapable employees. There said it now! All complaints to Mr Taxman, official forumer -in-charge!

Nice photos, you mention some pictures look pixelated? I am no expert but have you got Photobucket set to maximum resolution settings, and set up to match custom settings. Just a thought, photos look ok anyway.

Edit..... sorry just spotted what you mean. Looks like a upload problem in photobucket.:confused:

Sorry Purdy, for got to say, pics are really nice, as usual. Don`t think the "real" Scubz is smiling on her pic tho!

Think we ought to give the Countess Tea Rooms at Wortley a mention for being the most incompetent tea establishment on the planet.But congratulations to said premises for having the guts to employ incontinent, incoherent, incapable employees. There said it now! All complaints to Mr Taxman, official forumer -in-charge!

It wasn't just the "service" (in the end we took our own order) it was the American Werewolf in London moment when we first walked in there. The ashen faced customers, the vacant stares, the slack jawed countenances and aggressive demeanors.

Of course that may have had something to do with the fact that those customers had been waiting for 5 days for a pot of tea:hihi:

It wasn't just the "service" (in the end we took our own order) it was the American Werewolf in London moment when we first walked in there. The ashen faced customers, the vacant stares, the slack jawed countenances and aggressive demeanors.

Of course that may have had something to do with the fact that those customers had been waiting for 5 days for a pot of tea:hihi:

Can you beleive it we had to do our own order hehe

Yes, what a brill day. Cheers scubs for planning this and ta for letting us have a cup of tea and a wee at your house.

Ey, my head looks like it`s been stuck on in the wrong place in that photo. Hope i don`t look like that n real life !

Oh yes we ordered two cheese and onion sandwiches and they thought we wanted pies, we think we taught them a new word yesterday - sarni!!!! :loopy: