Sign in to follow this  

Owen moves to Real Madrid

As a Liverpool fan, and there are plenty on sky who have been saying the same, I am pleased he has gone. It certainly doesn't leave us wiyh a problem. Don't get me wrong in his time he has been fantastic, but since the operation on his hammies, he himself has admitted that he isn't as quick or spritely as he was as a younger lad. Having seen just about every game for years now, over the last 18 months or so his performance and contribution to overall play was awful, he banged a few goals in, but if you have seen all 90 minutes of most games you'd see that a) he should've score twice as many and b) his contribution to the team as a whole was non-existant. IMO he will flop completely at Madrid, he is the new Robbie Fowler as far as I"m concerned. Once Brilliant, but now not a shadow of his former self, and Fowler was probably a bigger legend than Owen. I do think we need to bring in someone of quality to replace him though, I wonder if a cheeky late bid for Beattie may happen before August 31st, IMO he would score a lot of goals. He is admittedly similar to Cisse in that they are your typical big burly centre forward, but that could work, they can both play the ball on the deck too, especially Cisse. Good luck to Owen, he will need it I think.

Micheal Owen has gone it seems becaues he coul'd not see liverpool mounting a serious challenge to the big 3,and in that he is right.

They will struggle to finish in the top 4 let alone do well enough to win the champions league so who can blame him for going?

I think they have more chance in the cups than in the league and that is why he has gone.

Ihope he does well and i'm sure the majority of the fans think the same,after all he has been a good servant to the club.

I think if that is the case he has under-estimated our chances. I do not see us winning the league this year, no way, but we will be closer than we have been in recent years and I think Rafa will do a good job. If we can bring in Alonso as well, then we're starting to look really strong. It's not as if Real are dead certs to win their title, far from it, in fact I would say their chances of winning La Liga are only marginally better than of Liverpool winning the premiership, because Real's defence is poor with a capital P. I watched absolutely loads of their games last year, and for all their superstars up front and in the middle of the park, they are badly lacking at centre half. Helguera is great on his day but cocks up too often.

I see on Sky they have been saying that the Real fans are already putting a lot of pressure on him and that he must have an immediate effect to be in favour there (on the whole their fans would have prefered Vieira and they are pretty disgruntled at 'only' getting Owen instead). Personally I don't see it happening. Ronaldo and Morientes are far better players than Owen is now, maybe not miles better than the Owen of yesteryear, but miles better than he is in 2004. I can see him flopping completely, coming back to a middle of the road English club and then moping about doing not a lot for several years like Fowler is.

Liverpool at best will finish top 6. Man U,Arse and Chelski will all be in the top 3, Newcastle and Birmingham look better bets for the minor places.

I can't see that, Benitez knows what he is doing, he has won la liga two years out of three with Valencia with a team that cost nowhere near as much as Real Madrid. Not saying we'll win the league, I'm sure we won't, but we won't be so far off. Josemi already looks like a class act for just 2 million pounds, especially compared to the likes of Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou, Biscan, who cost over 20 million between them, Diouf on his own was 9.5! He's also dropped Henchoz in favour of Carra at centre half which is a godo move, Henchoz was getting too slow last season. The only real problem I see is Kewell. His contribution was poor last season, and he was poor again yesterday, he really needs to start turning up. Cisse will find the net, and with Stevie G you've always got a chance. We'll get champions league but won't win the title, I think only a very blinkered pool fan would expect us to win it this year. Houllier set us so far back that we need to re-build.

hed have been better going 2 a really big yorkshire club who in the next 3 yearswill bein the champions lg, who ? the owls of course . swfcare on the march remember where you heard it.