Stolen Goods And Sympathy

Good even fellow ciztizens of sheffield.

I live in malin bridge, next door to hillsborough in the north west of sheffield. Recently i had my bike stolen, it was worth just over say £1000. So i claimed for a new one over the insurance. However it to got stolen last night, and im pretty fed up with this. So here is my plea to you............. if you see my bike please contact me on 0114 2960499 or DAG@DGREGORY16.FSNET.CO.UK Here is a link to an image of the bike, http://www.discount-bikes.co.uk/images/Saracen/x-ess-xtreme.jpg

I feel that it will be in or around the attercliff area, or maybe further away. But please please help. Ive got nothing now. University is in september and i have no money for a replacement bike, finding my old one is a must. Thank you.

Daniel

PS-The bike is a Black Saracen Xess Xtreme, it has a silver and red seat, big white HALO wheels, 2 disk breaks, silver and black (OLD) pedals and a slightly borken chan device at the front.[/siz]

Hope you've had some good news regarding your bike as it certainly isn't a nice thing to have happen to you. A couple of years ago I bought my son a chrome BMX which cost me just over £100 and the thief sold it on for £6!!!!!!!!! It took me an age to save up for it and I was so angry that someone could do such a thing. From that day to this we avoid buying anything too 'showy' as we feel the more ordinary models won't appeal to heartless thieves.

I've read in tonight's Star newspaper that the authorities are thinking of accepting 'hearsay evidence' without the informants having to give evidence in court. A good thing and about time - now finally we have been given a powerful and just tool. So if you ever hear or see anything that could help a 'victim' be reunited with his/her rightful property or in the least help to make someone face upto what he/she's done - JUST DO IT!

Why do they always go for bikes? Its the only thing ive ever had nicked in my whole life. To be honest i never really used it cos im an idle git but the police found the dirty theif and got it back. Why didnt they take the car instead? now THAT would have been worth more and it would have annoyed me too which im damn sure is a positive byproduct of what they do for a living.

If they can only sell them on for small amounts (£6 for a £100 bike for eg) why the HELL dont they take something else? Is there some kind of black market for bikes?? Is it cos they havent yet graduated from their 'stealing motorised vehicles' training so they nick the next best thing that they can ride off quickly on?

Im sorry the idiots stole your bike. Let us know if they got caught.

Linky no worky for me :(

Good luck getting your bike back chief,cant imagine that theres many of those bikes knocking about in sheffield.

yeah link does not work , what makes you think it will be at Attercliffe ? That’s pretty far away , I imagine it would have been an opportunist thief who would have been near you , did you not secure it or anything ?

FYI

Pics of the xess can be found here

http://www.discount-bikes.co.uk/images/Saracen/xess.jpg

and of course on the Saracen site here :

http://www.saracen.co.uk/xess.html

[no mention of any xess xtreme on these sites; just the xess]

Hope u get bike back soon and in one piece

Rudi

When I had a bike stolen which had been padlocked outside the poly the police told me it was probably in bits and in a container ready for a trip to mainland Europe. The top end bikes are stolen by professionals rather than by opportunists as they are more easily traceable and so less likely to be ridden locally.

Sorry to hear about your loss though.

Originally posted by kittykat

Why do they always go for bikes? Its the only thing ive ever had nicked in my whole life. To be honest i never really used it cos im an idle git but the police found the dirty theif and got it back. Why didnt they take the car instead? now THAT would have been worth more and it would have annoyed me too which im damn sure is a positive byproduct of what they do for a living.

If they can only sell them on for small amounts (£6 for a £100 bike for eg) why the HELL dont they take something else? Is there some kind of black market for bikes?? Is it cos they havent yet graduated from their 'stealing motorised vehicles' training so they nick the next best thing that they can ride off quickly on?

Im sorry the idiots stole your bike. Let us know if they got caught.

It's a hell of a lot easier to get rid of a stolen bike than a stolen car. With a bike you scrub the serial number off and it's sold on, whereas if you want to sell a car for more than a tenner to your mate you need to ring it - a hell of a lot more hassle and usually above the average junkie's ability.

I hate that - most bike theifs, and stolen bike buyers - dont even know what they've got. They buy and sell £2500-odd bikes for £20. It makes me sick.

Tip for all expensive bike users who chain em up outside:

Wrap your frame in black Gaffer Tape and cover any logos up so that the bike looks crap. Use bolts instead of quick-release skewers for the wheels and saddle, and buy a Kryptonite Fahgeddaboudit lock. That should keep it pretty secure and undesirable. Works for me. My bike looks like it's worth about £25!

I s'pose this is okay unless you ride a posh bike for the pose, in which case you'd want the bike to look good.

I personally prefer the bike-rat look.

Is it me or has no one else noticed that this bike theft was over a year ago!

The first post in the thread is dated 6/2/2003! I think the thieves will be long gone by now.

:rolleyes:

Nomme

Yet another reason all drugs should be legalised and heroin should be given free to addicts....