Highcliffe road allotment association

Hi

I am new to this site - just put my name down for an allotment on the above site, and wondered if anyone out there had the details for the association. I can't seem to find it anywhere and the council say they can't give it out!!

As with other sites there seem to be overgrown plots not touched for years but still a long wait for plots.

If anyone has a plot in the S11 area that they can't manage I would be very happy to do a share.

any help gratefully received!

Jools

Hi Jools - welcome to the forum ! I've got a lottie in Meersbrook,

it was very overgrown when I took it on, but a year on and its looking pretty good. I find small and often is the key to successful lottie-ing - good luck. Post some pix so we can see your progress.

Sorry, can't help with the association

mc

Hi,

I was at the Highcliffe Community Allotment Association AGM last week, got invited because I'm the Allotment Fed President. The Association Chairman is Mr David Chapman and his phone number is 0114 2363652. Hope this helps and that you get an allotment soon. (I have a plot on the Corker Bottoms site, when we took it on it was fence to fence weeds up to 6ft high, but this year i've grown on about 3 quarters of it!!!)

thanks very much...I will give him a ring. I also went and had a look around and found a poster and mobile number pinned to a tree....a good chance to have a really good look around. Some people recently taken on a plot - but they have waited 18 months so it doesn't sound hopeful :-(

J