Craft Fairs - having a stall.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has had a stall at craft fairs.

I really want to start doing them, maybe next year, but I don't drive! Does anyone have any tips on how I could get around this?

Maybe someone on here also would like to do craft fairs,who does have transport, and we could get together and share the costs as well as not have to face it alone! :)

I do spinning/dying and knitting mainly, so I thought if I posted on the general crafts section I might find someone who does something totally different, so there wouldn't be a problem with us both having stalls at the same fair.

Have you thought of setting up your own internet shop? Something along the lines of an Ebay store, but run independently by you?

I think most who have internet stores still do the larger craft show circuit, but it would mean that you're store would be always open, instead of relying on the odd weekend here and there.

Could you keep up with the orders, though? :D

I do use ebay, but I wouldn't open a 'shop' on there nowadays as their fee policies have recently changed, and it costs a fortune, I know alot of people who have put alot of commitment and money into setting up their own shop on ebay and leaving their 'proper' jobs, who have then had to close it down due to this sudden rise in fee's and lack of publicity for the shops section, it's very sad.

I also miss the general 'thrum' and activity you get at a craft fair, meeting other people and seeing how your work is recieved face to face is brilliant (and daunting) and you can pick up alot of new ideas.