Recommendations for craft podcasts.

I listen to a fair few podcasts; Mark Kermode's film reviews on Radio 5 and Cast-On, amongst others.

I've just come across an excellent podcast about crafts: CraftyPod.

Here's a description from the web site:

CraftyPod is a bi-weekly podcast that’s all about Making Stuff.

Sometimes it’s about project tutorials. Sometimes it’s an interview with someone craftily fascinating. Sometimes it’s the history behind your favorite craft supplies. Always, it’s a big, crafty geekfest.

Anyone know of any others?

I may sound dumb here but are these to do with Ipods???? I'm lost lol

I may sound dumb here but are these to do with Ipods???? I'm lost lol

It's not a dumb question; there's actually a web site devoted to explaining the basics about podcasts called No iPod Required (ETA: link removed as the site's gone). You can listen to them on your computer, or on any MP3 player.

I did an introduction to podcasts for the knitting group a little while ago. Be warned though; once you start listening, they're very addictive!

Edited by Guest
removed link.

Thanks! I'll have a look at that when i'm not supposed to be cooking dinner :thumbsup:

Four years (!) later and I still subscribe to CraftyPod and Craft Sanity (and Kermode, of course), though the focus of the CraftyPod particularly has shifted more towards marketing/blogging for the crafter.

I subscribe to Electric Sheep (love that one, though I'm a bit behind with it) and the video knitting podcast too (hopelessly behind with that one). I still love Cast-On above all others; really pleased to see Brenda back in front of the microphone.

For those who are into spinning, a couple of excellent podcasts here: SpinDoctor and Yarnspinner's Tales.

SpinDoctor mostly focusses on reviews of various spinning and fibre-related products. Though the presenter is an American based in Canada, she doesn't restrict herself to those items only available over there, though of course it does have a broadly North American slant. She also does interviews with folk in the spinning world, and outside broadcasts from the various fibre festivals. There's an active Ravelry group for this podcast too, with the wool breeds challenge thread being especially active.

Yarnspinner's Tales is probably more comprehensive than SpinDoctor; less review-focussed and more concerned with various aspects of spinning. For example, the presenter is currently doing a short series on colour theory for spinners.

The last time I posted in this thread I forgot to mention another knitting podcast I listen to, and that I've finally caught up with after four years of subscribing: Sticks & String, presented by a knitting bloke in Australia. I really love this one, though it's probably not a podcast for those who want lots of knitting content and only knitting content.