Oak tree question about acorns

Has anyone else noticed the amount of acorns falling this year?

I'm sure it wasn't like this is previous years. We have litrally thousands in our garden and one seems to hit our neighbours garage about every ten seconds. And there are still thousands on the trees.

When it's windy it's like being bombed.

Are these acorns all fertile 'cos if they are I'm going to have one hell of a sapling problem!

Not everyone of them will be but you sure will have a big probelm!!

>>My advice either employ some sqirrels or rent some pigs from the local farm - the absolutly love acorn!!!

My son and i picked up an acorn in greno woods in 1994 and i planted it in a pot and now its a bonsai tree.

My son died in 2001 but the tree is going strong and it always remnds me of that time in greno woods.

Sorry about that Jabber, I didn't know. I do now.

Anyway, local squrillels are having a pre festive feast, so maybe I won't have a problem.

I just hope they remember where they have buried them in the lawn come spring:suspect:

This year was a particularly good year for Oaks - lots of water in late summer always allows lots of acorns. You'll be fine with all the acorns - the squirrels / jays and other brids will eat them all up :)