Nooo! Bulbs! Noooo!...

:help: My bulbs are coming through!! I only planted them two weeks ago! What do I do? Will they come back in spring? :(:help:

Were they spring bulbs or autumn ones? Did you plant them deep enough? Had you had them a long time before you planted them?

i dont really know much about gardening but i think tthe weather must be equivelant to spring as thee other day my daughter asked if she could plant some seeds and i have to say i didnt think they would shoot but they have and are growing as you would expect in spring. i would have thought the bulbs will know no difference and will die when the weather reaches equivelant and reshoot next spring.

They are spring daffs and tulips. I planted them as they said on the box and it took me ages in my teeny garden! As long as they come back I'm happy. At the moment they are being munched by evil snails because I can't find any of the pet friendly snail erm... remover I usually use. Sigh...!

I smash em with me boot or the trowel...and the birds do the rest :D

As for the bulbs, I believe November is the preferred month for planting tulips. I think the mind weather at the mo may have something to do with the daffs coming up. I think I'd be tempted to 'suck it and see', and if they flower, so be it. if not, try again next autumn

With global warming, gardening is never going to be exact science, and many discoveries come about thru accident...go with it. :thumbsup:

I would imagine, now they've started you can't stop them, Noodle.

The first frost however will probably remind them what time of year it is.

If not you'll be enjoying cut daffs on the Christmas dinner table :)

As for the slugs, most slug pellets are formulated these days to be pet & predetor friendly. I've only just started using them again.