View Full Version : How do I get rid of a noisy cockerel..

Pobby
25-09-2006, 12:19
Hello all,

Does anyone know how I can get rid of a noisy cockerel that's moved into a neigbouring garden?

It's so annoying, I can't get a decent lie in anymore!

Cheers
Pobby

never wrong
25-09-2006, 12:25
a cockerel in Bradway how strange

sTaGeWaLkEr
25-09-2006, 12:26
You could try talking with your local council. I believe there are policies governing this sort of thing.

As much as nature intended a **** to crow, and I'm all for nature, it can't be nice living on top of it.

:(

Pobby
25-09-2006, 15:38
I've tried the council's Animal Warden but there not interested...

Devine22
25-09-2006, 15:47
You could try talking with your local council. I believe there are policies governing this sort of thing.

As much as nature intended a **** to crow, and I'm all for nature, it can't be nice living on top of it.

:(

I think its something along the lines of a petition and then send it to local council. Does it actually belong to anyone?

Pobby
25-09-2006, 15:49
I think its something along the lines of a petition and then send it to local council. Does it actually belong to anyone?

No, I think its a squatter from one of the farms in Holmesfield...

Devine22
25-09-2006, 16:00
No, I think its a squatter from one of the farms in Holmesfield...

chase it away with some water then!!!:hihi:

geocol
25-09-2006, 16:31
The water suggestion is not such a bad idea.

I went out and bought one of those "super-squirter" water pistols with a range of about 50 feet, to deal with a problem of fornicating cats and the accompanying serenade a few years ago.

It worked a treat around 3am one mid-summer morning, after which the pair cats gave us a wide berth.

Just how the scene appeared to the driver whose vehicle rounded the corner behind the house with his headlights on full beam, to witness the large semi naked male frame leaning out of an upstairs bedroom window, holding out a water pistol ( I mean he couldn't see the cats below), was never ascertained or recorded!

Gemima
25-09-2006, 22:35
RSPCA Bawtry will probably take it as they have a few Hens and cockerels there

geocol
26-09-2006, 11:21
On further reflection following my earlier post, one of the high pressure gardeners' sprayers designed to reach the upper branches of trees, may prove better - and should be able to generate a reasonable shot up the jacksy of the offending creature (as long as you can get near enough or into your neighbour's garden).

Some stadium managers occasionally before events call upon a falconer with a Golden Eagle to come in; the latter eating a few pigeons which unsurpsingly discourages others from hanging around.

But, me thinks one Coq Sans Vin is going to be inadequate to satisfy the appetite of an Eagle, which would subsequently probabaly end up seeking out a neighbbour's cat or rabbit as an Entree.

d71146
26-09-2006, 11:33
Hello all,

Does anyone know how I can get rid of a noisy cockerel that's moved into a neigbouring garden?

It's so annoying, I can't get a decent lie in anymore!

Cheers
Pobby

When I moved into this present house behind me this old chap kept a trio of cockerels made a right old racket about 5 in the morning but after about six weeks its funny but got used to it now I don't even notice it.

Angiej
26-09-2006, 11:40
A bloke down our road keeps chucks and a cockerel, tbh you get used to it, wont be long before its dark in a morning so it wont be up so early,

Pobby
26-09-2006, 11:49
Hi all, I've just been informed that some inconsiderate neighbour has bought the Cockerel as a pet... I guess it'll be a bit harder to get rid of now!

Devine22
26-09-2006, 11:55
Hi all, I've just been informed that some inconsiderate neighbour has bought the Cockerel as a pet... I guess it'll be a bit harder to get rid of now!

then its a petition to your local council and they may service him with a noise abatement order! :hihi:

Angiej
26-09-2006, 12:36
If someone now owns it why dont you pop round and have a nice word with him and tell him its disturbing you,

But i doubt you will get veryfar,

bladesufc1
26-09-2006, 12:38

101 it, then get an ASBO onthe owner!! i've seen in done on SKY1 ASBO Fever haha!!!!!

garryn
26-09-2006, 13:58
in a lot of residential areas, its against the law to keep fowl.

You could buy a big, BIG cat!

Pobby
26-09-2006, 14:08
I'll look into that, they've got chicken as well but at least there quiet!

hallio
26-09-2006, 16:42
I should pop round and have a friendly word with them. We've kept chickens on and off for years and have always tried to be considerate of our neighbours (including keeping any cockerels locked up until a more reasonable hour). It's possible they don't know they're annoying you and just need to be told....

Its true that he will quieten down a lot over the winter..... but that won't help you next spring & summer!

Good luck

medusa
26-09-2006, 18:08
I've just pruned a load of responses out of this thread. Please note- condoning cruelty doesn't go down well on Sheffield Forum.

We're looking for sensible and humane ways to stop this cockerel from disturbing people.

Pobby
27-09-2006, 09:21
Good news... The Cockerel moving out on Friday, peace at last!

Strix
01-10-2006, 02:13
Looks like you weren't the only one he was keeping awake then? ;)