Screaming baby, frustrated mum.

I've spent well over an hour going back and forth to Twingle 1 who just will not settle. Mr Z is on nights and Twingle 2 thinks the regular Mummy visits in the bedroom are a hoot.

Twingle 1's incessant screaming is doing my nut. She stops every time I go in, so I know nothing is wrong, she just wants me there. Done the nappy, done the milk, done the teething gel, and done cuddles (that worked).

So, in typing this, I'm feeling angry and very frustrated. She won't stop, I won't give in because I know what will happen for months down the line. So we're on 3 minute visits.

I feel she's stealing the small amount of free time I get for myself and that makes me cross too.

However, in typing this - that's another 3 minutes and I didn't swear once.

Up I go again.

Oh I feel for you Zebra- however hard it is with one baby, it must be doubly hard with 2.

Keep strong- and remember that this, along with many other things, is just a phase, and it will pass.

Thanks medusa. I know it will pass, Twingle 1 went through a phase of this behaviour and the same method worked on her , it's the torture of going through it again, just weeks after doing it before and having to do it alone.

Normally Mr Z and I take it in turns to run up and settle them. Tonight I've been sat reading a magazine for 3 minutes blasts on the tyop of the stairs but realised that the crying is making me feel worse. So I turned the monitor off so it isn't amplified throughout the house and stayed away for the minutes in between.

She's on 4 minutes tomorrow and Daddy will be home so he can have a turn!

i can imagine your frustration, i only have 1 child and as medusa says it must be really difficult with two, as you have to consider the screaming/crying will effect the other,

try to keep calm and im sure no1 will soon settle.

good luck, lisa:)

You have my sympathy, my son was the same, its amazing just how clever the little darlings are isnt it, they train us mums to answer every becken call.

stick the kettle on, close the doors and spend your 3 minutes in peace with a cuppa :thumbsup:

________

BUY HERBALAIRE VAPORIZER

Edited by pinklady

Two extra 6 ounce bottles later, one phone call to Mr Z to explain how his evening will be spent tomorrow and both girls are zonked out. Hurrah!

I know they weren't hungry but I guess the milk was nice and warm and soothing, screaming twin had 4 ounces and fell asleep with it in her mouth and bouncing twin had one ounce and also dropped off with it propped in her mouth.

Silence is golden! It took an hour and 45 min but the evening (touch wood and cross fingers) is now mine, to wash up, fold clothes, tidy up etc etc *yawn*. Why did I want her to settle again?

Well done on keeping your sanity with them Zebra!

well done zebra, youve got all evening for the cleaning, washing, ironing ect, us mums know how to live in the fast lane dont we!

________

Ftx

Edited by pinklady

Hiya Zebra - fingers crossed you have a peaceful end to your evening :)

Gah! Typically, they both went to bed like angels this evening. No repeat performances for Daddy's sake. Tch!

Daddy will have slipped them something, lol. Check your spirits!

Check where he hid the mallet :) ,My kids are like that, ok for daddy or a bugger for me.

My dd is 17weeks and just cut a tooth and has not stopped screaming today only time shes quiet is when shes having booby, :rolleyes: