Homebrew your own produce

homebrew your own produce up to press ive made wine from white and blackcurrants and rhubarb the blackcurrant was so good i had supped it in no time this is the first year ive brewed my own produce and im quite inpressed as anyone else ad any success

im workin on that idea my self but them hops can be quite rampent in growth that is

I've used my blackcurrants for fruit vodka; not enough for brewing, but then I pick and brew plenty of other wild fruit.

Ooo, fruit vodka sounds fab :) If there were any blackthorn hedges round here, I'd have made some Sloe gin this year (mmm, gin :love: ) I spotted a recipe for blackberry brandy earlier too, which sounds quite nice - it's made in the same way as the sloe gin but obviously substituting blackberries for the sloes! (link)

My parents have a few apple trees and keep talking about buying a cider press and making their own cider... I've never tried it but from what I've seen on t'internet it looks pretty involved! Has anyone tried it?

Cider is dead easy to make Tracie.

I'll try n fetch you my book next I see you ;):thumbsup:

Tha dunt need a press lass, just a fairly robust juicer & a big bucket.

I'm just making 4 gallons of elderberry wine and Rudeboys gonna try to get some apples for me from his mates & I'm doing cider again.

R-lass has 3 ltrs of sloe gin on the go & her mum has done blackberry whiskey (same principal).

We sound like a bunch of lushes don't we? :lol: hic!

Ooo, fruit vodka sounds fab :) If there were any blackthorn hedges round here, I'd have made some Sloe gin this year (mmm, gin :love: ) I spotted a recipe for blackberry brandy earlier too, which sounds quite nice - it's made in the same way as the sloe gin but obviously substituting blackberries for the sloes! (link)

My parents have a few apple trees and keep talking about buying a cider press and making their own cider... I've never tried it but from what I've seen on t'internet it looks pretty involved! Has anyone tried it?

Hmmmmmm gin....does anyone know where we can get some blackthorns actually? We miss making sloe gin evey year, very irritating. Am I right too in thinking that they need to be picked after the first frost?

it's helpful but not necessary; the idea of waiting til 1st frost is to make sure that they're fully ripe, the frost can also take the edge of the bitterness, but picking slightly earlier and home freezing has the same effect.

just sampled mi rhubarb wine mi mothers allready pinched half the prouduct nice but may try adding a touch of ginger next time just to spice it up a bit :thumbsup:

as anyone tryed ribina wine now the currant ave gone got to keep up the brewing through winter so ( anyone tryed ribina wine ) any comments or recipies :hihi:

R-lass has 3 ltrs of sloe gin on the go

LOL I'm not suprised poor lass :D

LOL I'm not suprised poor lass :D

Whatever are you inserting young Bean? :suspect::heyhey: