Pregnancy experiences

Dont have any children yet but thinking of getting pregnant during the next year (fingers crossed!)

However I find the whole idea of the labour bit in particular absolutely terrifying!!

Is it really as bad as I hear?

I won't lie to you, the pain is unbeliveable, but at the same time it is the most amazingly wonderful experience in the world and you would never regret it :thumbsup: It's something you have to go through to understand I think.

don't know about labour, my three were all delivered by elective c-section as my pelvis is 'kinky', personally this was fine for me

I had a terrible labour experience but my daughter was worth it :)

well, my daughter was born remarkably easily, the labour thing wasn't painful until right near the end (see the thread on positive birth experiences) for about half an hour, the pain wasn't nearly as bad as i was expecting.

i was absolutely dreading the giving birth part, but in retrospect it was fabulously straight forward and easy, i'd just been dreading it so much i was almost irrationally scared of it. it was incredibly difficult for about 6 weeks after she was born, but it's great now!

i have to say i thoroughly enjoyed my pregnancy and beyond!

i never had any sickness and flew through my pregnancy.

its amazing when you start to feel the baby moving,

my daughter loved it when i was in the bath, she used to roll about and i loved to watch my tummy as she moved, it is an experience i will treasure.

it may sound far fetched but she must also have known the difference between my hubby and any other person who felt me bump cos shed kick at his hand.

my labour was also a pleasurable experience,

i woke with contractions at around 7 in the morning, it was like a slight period pain, same as chicks above it didnt really get any worse until about half an hour before the actual birth.

my waters never broke so she was actually born in the amniotic sac(this is supposed to be good luck).

i never used any form of pain relief through out the labour, although i did request a pethadine jab the half an hour before the actual birth. i was talked out of it by the midwife as she knew it wouldnt be long before the baby made its appearance. i will be eternally greatful to that midwife who said i would regret it because i certainly would have.

i was dreading the actual giving birth bit but i personally thought the contractions were worse, because until you start pushing the baby out your not sure if the cotractions will go on for hours.

it is true what women say, that once the baby is in your arms you forget all about the pain. i can honestly say within a day or 2 of having my daughter i couldnt wait for the next.

i ended up getting so caught up with my new family i am still waiting.

who knows i may soon be reporting a pregnancy.

DO NOT BE PUT OFF BY LABOUR AND DELIVERY AS IT IS THE MOST AMAZING THING ANY WOMAN COULD EXPERIENCE!!