Ive fallen in love-with a bird bath !

Yes, there it was in front of me,surrounded by flowers, and filled with water, in B & Q of all places.! Id searched for years for the right one.I walked quickly towards it, my heart beating,my palms sweating,and yes, I hadnt felt like this for years. It was in resin, but looked like stone. After all those years of searching ,Id found the right one.! Love at first sight ! :love: I asked if I could have some money off, as it was a display model,and the only one thed got.They gave me £3 off £30, I expected more,but moneys nothing,when you find the love of your life. Now its standing in my garden,filled with water,and not one single bird has landed on it, in three weeks. :huh:

I was going to say thats the kinkeyest thing ive ever read on here!

To attract the birdies, empty the water out and add food for them, then when the weather warms up again next year add water and theyll use it.

I was going to say thats the kinkeyest thing ive ever read on here!

To attract the birdies, empty the water out and add food for them, then when the weather warms up again next year add water and theyll use it.

Well, I never thought of that ! Cant wait till tommorrow,to do it.What shall I give them,bread,nuts,fat.? Trust you to come up with an answer. I will have to watch the cats around here,as they are little devils at chasing birds.

Well, I never thought of that ! Cant wait till tommorrow,to do it.What shall I give them,bread,nuts,fat.? Trust you to come up with an answer. I will have to watch the cats around here,as they are little devils at chasing birds.

Give them anything thatll attract them. It might not work but thats what id do.

It seems like the best bet.

I would love a bird feeder and bird bath in my garden, Ive got the ideal location for it too, unfortunatly my cat would just think its a 'fresh meat' enticer .... think i'll have to skip that idea

________

Mexico City Hotels

Edited by pinklady

I would love a bird feeder and bird bath in my garden, Ive got the ideal location for it too, unfortunatly my cat would just think its a 'fresh meat' enticer .... think i'll have to skip that idea

Thats the only reason i bother to have a bird table in the garden. Its a free feed for the cat.

pinklady, Ive had so many bird feeders hung up,seeds,nuts, fat,and the birds never touch them.Im sure its because of the cats.We dont have a cat,but everyone else does.

pinklady, Ive had so many bird feeders hung up,seeds,nuts, fat,and the birds never touch them.Im sure its because of the cats.We dont have a cat,but everyone else does.

Not sure about that. I have a cat, a terrible bird-eating cat who arrived here as a stray. She is a wonderful animal apart from that awful habit. I already had a garden filled with bird feeders etc and it doesn't seem to stop them at all. I've actually never seen her catch a bird in *my* garden.

Re the birdbath - birds take time to get used to things in the garden. I certainly wouldn't give up with the water - for a start we've had a really dry September so they'll have needed a source of water then - plus, in the winter, it's important to make sure they have water when everything's frozen. I defrost my bird bath every day when the weather's bad (sometimes more than once a day!). At the moment I can't remember the last time I saw a bird in my birdbath but suddenly there'll be a rush of them (sounds daft but it's true). It's worth keeping up with it for the antics of the starlings who love their baths. I keep expecting one of them to turn up with a loofah one day!

Not sure about that. I have a cat, a terrible bird-eating cat who arrived here as a stray. She is a wonderful animal apart from that awful habit. I already had a garden filled with bird feeders etc and it doesn't seem to stop them at all. I've actually never seen her catch a bird in *my* garden.

Re the birdbath - birds take time to get used to things in the garden. I certainly wouldn't give up with the water - for a start we've had a really dry September so they'll have needed a source of water then - plus, in the winter, it's important to make sure they have water when everything's frozen. I defrost my bird bath every day when the weather's bad (sometimes more than once a day!). At the moment I can't remember the last time I saw a bird in my birdbath but suddenly there'll be a rush of them (sounds daft but it's true). It's worth keeping up with it for the antics of the starlings who love their baths. I keep expecting one of them to turn up with a loofah one day!

Hi, thanks Irene. I bought some wild bird seed today,instead of the usual peanuts.What Im going to do is, to leave a bit of water in the very bottom,then scatter some bird seed round the edge of the bird bath.I will see if it attracts any birds.I love blue tits myself.

I love blue tits myself.

We left the birds to their own devices during summer.

We have just started feeding them again and they are back in droves.

We had a pair of blue tits back the other day, they only go for the nuts we hang out in a wire cage.

Looking forward to getting the Robin and Greenfinches back too.

We left the birds to their own devices during summer.

We have just started feeding them again and they are back in droves.

We had a pair of blue tits back the other day, they only go for the nuts we hang out in a wire cage.

Looking forward to getting the Robin and Greenfinches back too.

You are lucky to attract birds like that.I will have to see what happens this winter with the bird bath.No birds have been down for the seed yet.Dont suppose they want a bath either.

They are here, "The Birds" flippin pidgeons and daft doves,that cooooo at 5.a.m. in the morning.Flippin eck ! No lovely blue tits or robins. :gag: Theve seen the wild bird seed,and they think "Oh, how wonderful,we`ll have some of that.!Now I cant get rid of them. :rant: