• quinny
    • silver cross
    • bugaboo
    • Graco
    • mothercare
    • mamas and papas
    • Maclaren
    • others

As suggested by Hels, anyone care to recommend (or otherwise) a pushchair?

I have a micralite fastfold. Babybabychickens is now 3 months old and is still using the cot attachment, so i don't know about the pushchair part of my pushchair yet, but I think I can firmly recommend the micralite fastfold newborn plus (newborn = comes with cot, newborn plus = comes with larger cot that attaches via adaptors that also fit maxi cosi car seat). The baby has been sleeping in the cot (as her main bed) for the first 8 weeks of her life, and as it's compatible with the car seat, has been getting an awful lot of use out of the frame part, too. It's pretty light, can be collapsed with one hand, and the wheels are big enough that the ride isn't too bumpy.

Marks out of 10?

9/10.

Drawbacks - availability - we actually couldn't find one in sheffield, and had to wait until visiting my parents near peterborough to go to kiddicare to see one. Also, it was rather expensive. Available from this link;

http://www.groovystyle.co.uk/productpages/micralite/fastfold-nb-plus.htm

We have the micralite as a buggy and it is great.

Though my boy is 18 months old and I wonder how the straps would suit a younger baby as the are pretty high up the neckline.

But it is so light and easy to fold up and stick in the car that I love it.

I decided on the 'Bebe Confort High Trek' pushchair and 'Bebe Confort Creatis Newborn Car Seat'. After 3 months of use here's what I think:

Advantages:

* The car seat can be added to the pushchair chassis quickly and very easily.

* The car seat appears extremely comfortable and is ideal from birth because baby can virtually lay flat.

* Adjustable back and cushion pad is useful.

* It gives a lot of all-round protection.

* It looks super cool and gets a lot of admiring glances and comments where-ever we go!

* The chasis is 3 wheeler and is very easy to manouvre.

* The car seat or pushchair seat is positioned quite high up so little one is located nearer parent and further away from low-level car fumes etc.

* Both car seat and pushchair seat can be positioned forward or rear facing.

* Very easy to switch between car seat and pushchair seat.

* The wheels area quickly and easily detachable making the chassis fit in smaller boot spaces and also lighter to lift.

* Car seat is designed so that little one can stay in the 'reverse' facing position for longer, which is apparantly a lot safer.

Disadvantages:

* The two wheels at the back make it wide and can be tricky in tight spaces.

* The chassis is pretty heavy and although it folds down it still takes up a fair bit of space in the boot of the car.

* Fitting the car seat takes a bit of getting used to.

If I could change anything:

* I'd make the chassis lighter

I've only found it on the internet (babyworld.co.uk) but they were very quick to deliver.

Cost:

Pushchair - £280.00

Car seat - £88.99

can anyone give me a bit of advice? i have a 2 year old who is a brilliant walker (no car) and a baby due in 6 weeks, would i be better getting a double buggy (if so which) or a new single and a buggy board? my mamas and papas pushchair has just broken (spring which keeps it closed, but its done well since we use it everyday) so any one have any advice!

my husband would prefer a 3 weeler (dont they all)

Hiya, Weve got a babies r us twin buggy twin explorer its called, Was fab my ds is 2 and dd 4 months and theres plenty of room in it for them both, not to heavy unlike mothercares,

Ive also gt a mothercare single in red and its lush, ideal when ds is wanting to walk or im wanting to knacker him out :hihi:

we havent got a buggy board but im after one for the single,

hth

Angie

can anyone give me a bit of advice? i have a 2 year old who is a brilliant walker (no car) and a baby due in 6 weeks, would i be better getting a double buggy (if so which) or a new single and a buggy board? my mamas and papas pushchair has just broken (spring which keeps it closed, but its done well since we use it everyday) so any one have any advice!

When my eldest two were small I used to have a Graco Tandem pushchair which was excellent as it just felt like pushing a normal pushchair - I still see mum's struggling with those really wide 'side by side' double buggies and IMHO these are just too wide to be practical!

:)

i really wanted an old fashioned Silver Cross:love: but had to settle for a new style one with matching car seat. The pram changed into a buggy when he got older and can with a stand (never used). We also got bought a cheap and nasty Chicco london stroller -which i hate but it was handy for nipping to shops and ive just bought a lightweight summer one - brill for airport/plane etc..

Id def buy a silvercross again, got it from Babycare World inShalesmoor

Pros- Beautiful pram, everyone comments how nice it is, comfortable it looks and safe. converts really easy to buggy. car seat also attachs to wheels (never did)

Cons - Babycare had POOH aftercare, cost a fortune for extras like shower cover and sun canopy, ITS BIG! and you cant get into little shops, its also a bugger to keep inside of hood clean (white)

what about those buggyboards? or those pods you can attach to buggys?

I found it really hard to lift the front and im not small but im not tall, couldnt even lift it with ds in and hes only 24lbs.

My sideby side is only 1and a half stroller widths so not very big at all

I think one of the Phil & Ted buggys can be converted once the older child no wants to be using it and you just have 1 child to push about.

I love my Mama and Papa's Pramette.

We have it in the pram form at the moment and we'll convert it to a pushcahir when our daughter is older.

It is fairly light and easy to fold. Though I would check it will fit into your car boot before buying, as it isn't the smallest when folded.

I would NOT get the carseat that goes with it, it was a hassel to fit on the dummy carseat in the shop and so we went with a Britax carseat instead but the actual pushcair is fab.

We've got double buggies coming out of our ears, one in outlaws 'darn sarf', one in his car and one in mine.

My fave is the Kingswood 3 wheeler side by side sandwich fold by John Lewis, easy to deal with, robust and very comfy with loads more room for when they get bigger.

He's got a Mclaren F1, I mean McLaren umbrella fold side by side which is great for shop doorways etc and takes up much less room in the car but no shopping basket and the shoulder straps are too high making the girls look quite uncomfortable at times.

We have a Graco side by side at the outlaws, umbrella fold but with a decidedly flimsy feel to it.

We have a Mothercare tandem which I use purely for getting to the car and back because our gate is so narrow, the harness points are a bit wild and useless for actually restraining the babies and whoever sits at the back gets bored very quickly. It's also a pig to fold unless all the bits are in the right place. I'm told the weight issue gets difficult with kids of different ages too.

For doubles I recommend any McLaren umbrella fold but check on the straps and make sure it's not more than 73cm wide for doors. The Kingswood is great if you have a big enough car to hold it but can be a pain in doorways, unless you shop in town and M'hell a lot.