Sign in to follow this  

A winter flowering hanging basket

I have never had winter flowering hanging baskets,but would like two this year.What plants would you suggest(they must stand the cold winds of

Stannington), and I would like something that trails down from them as well.Any suggestions ?

I missed getting my hanging baskets planted up in the summer so I'm going to fill mine with winter flowering plants too. I'm planning on using a mixture of winter flowering pansies and some small ivy plants.

Aparently lining the basket with the usual thin liner and then an thicker material for insulation will help to keep the frost from affecting the roots :)

I missed getting my hanging baskets planted up in the summer so I'm going to fill mine with winter flowering plants too. I'm planning on using a mixture of winter flowering pansies and some small ivy plants.

Aparently lining the basket with the usual thin liner and then an thicker material for insulation will help to keep the frost from affecting the roots :)

Thanks Tracie, you always seem to reply to me. Yes, Ive done the same but with winter flowering violas.Id love some trailing ivy plants, but will they survive the winter ?