Extra bins: will we still have room for gardens?!

Following the introduction of :

Black bins,

Blue bins,

blue bags,

brown bins (For dog *****)

Green bins.

It is realised that we no longer have any room in our gardens to actuall grow anything, so it is suggested that we change the title to "Allotment group only".

I have a black bin - that's it!!

What Colour?

When it's full - do you call it Bin Laden? :mrgreen:

That's a WHEELY bad joke mate. :hihi:

Viking where are you - we only have black bin & blue bin (for paper only).

brown bins (For dog *****)

are you having a laugh??? is there really brown bins for dog poop? if so .... i need one!

________

Wholesale vaporizer

Edited by pinklady

Viking where are you - we only have black bin & blue bin (for paper only).

Dinnington, which is classed as Sheffield but we are under Rotherham council.

We are having these new bins introduced next month and i personally think it's a good idea.

I'm in Whiston (Rovvrem) and we have had a green wheely bin for cardboard & garden waste, a blue box for tins/cans, glass, foil, textiles/shoes, and a blue bag for paper (including directories) for ages now.

The black bin is emptied every 2 weeks and there's still hardly anything in it.

We take the plastic to ASDA when we go shopping, but the council have plans for kerbside collection very soon too.

Viva Rovvrem Council! :clap:

It's the Rovvrem ASDA PinkL, there's one at Meadowhall too at the back of Argos, down the bottom of the left carpark as you exit Argos side.

It's a big green American-style dumpster with a lift up lid :thumbsup:

We have two bins - the usual black one for household waste and a blue one for cardboard / paper. I'd welcome more bins for recycling tin and glass - we are lucky in that we already have recycling facilities we can use for glass about five minutes walk from our house, but there isn't a bin for tin / foil or plastics. The nearest tin recycling facilities to us for those materials are at Morrisons in Hillsborough - it would still manageable on the tram, but without a car it would be easier to have a kerbside collection. I'm not too bothered about a bin for garden waste, as most of that ends up in the compost bins anyway (I think I need a second compost bin though :P)

When I first moved to Sheffield, I found the Veolia recycling facilities postcode search really useful - you just need to highlight what material you want to recycle and enter your postcode and it'll indicate your nearest recycling facilities. Hopefully that'll prove useful to someone else too! :)