SF Photography forum

Sorry to raise this topic again, does anyone know if the idea for a "SF Photography forum" has been approved or the idea dropped?

Grinder

Seemed to have alot of Interest but I don't think we have heard anything back yet.

I'd be curious to know too! Any chance of the answer being made a sticky so we have some reference?

I understand that SHsheff, who started the original thread proposing a SF Photography Group, is in discussions with the Mods. However, like the SF Short Story Writer's Group, these things take time to set up. A list of interested forummers has been compiled, and I believe that everyone will be informed once the group is hopefully officially sanctioned and up and running.

I'm quite keen to know what's happening with this group aswell. I didn't want to raise the subject and seem impatient:) .

I'm quite keen to know what's happening with this group aswell. I didn't want to raise the subject and seem impatient:) .

I thought carefully before asking the question, then asked anyway ;)

Grinder

I understand the group will be set up, just have to wait a while. Craig7777 don't hold your breath!

Dave..

Geoff has said it will be set-up. I presume that the recent server modifications were set as a higher priority (and rightly so, even if I do hate to admit it). I believe that has been successful so hopefully the group will be up and running shortly.

Geoff has said it will be set-up. I presume that the recent server modifications were set as a higher priority (and rightly so, even if I do hate to admit it). I believe that has been successful so hopefully the group will be up and running shortly.

ok im after a bit of advice - does anyone know of a website that can show me what different filters do or what effect they create?

Cheers

or does anyone know which filter can make the sky look richer, or bring out the clouds?

What everyone needs to understand here is that Sheffield Forum is a perpetual work in progress, and that lots of little changes happen every week behind the scenes (thank you Geoff!).

There is an ever-changing list of things that will be happening in the future of the forum, and I believe that there are a few new groups in the pipeline. These will all happen when the forum is set up for them to happen, and when group leaders are also prepared to commit the time for them to run successfully.

Please be patient and let Geoff do what needs to be done in the context of the forum as a whole.

What everyone needs to understand here is that Sheffield Forum is a perpetual work in progress, and that lots of little changes happen every week behind the scenes (thank you Geoff!).

There is an ever-changing list of things that will be happening in the future of the forum, and I believe that there are a few new groups in the pipeline. These will all happen when the forum is set up for them to happen, and when group leaders are also prepared to commit the time for them to run successfully.

Please be patient and let Geoff do what needs to be done in the context of the forum as a whole.

is it not possible to ask advice at the moment without creating a new thread? really what im after are some filters which might enhance some landscapes, basically im off to morocco soon and need something which might help against, bright skies, glare or just to enhance the colours. taa

is it not possible to ask advice at the moment without creating a new thread? really what im after are some filters which might enhance some landscapes, basically im off to morocco soon and need something which might help against, bright skies, glare or just to enhance the colours. taa

Even when the photography group is up and running, to ask for advice you'll start up a new thread.

So my advice is to start up a thread in 'Sheffield Sport and Activities'- if it's still current when the photography group goes live then it will be transferred in there as one of the starter threads.

I hope that there will be advice flowing freely- but don't ask me cos I've got a bloke that's a good photographer so I don't need to learn!