Sign in to follow this  

The first days at nursery and a few tears later...

i took my little girl to nursery today for her introduction she starts properly on monday i just know they will be tears not from her but from me!.Any one else in the same boat? I know she will be fine and not even notice ive gone but it just means shes growing up fast

There is nothing more tear jerking than first day at school or nursery!

Ive been through it three times now and it gets me each time, even though my kids strolled in without a care in the world!

olivia will just stroll in with out a care in the world and leave me a blubberig mess i just know it .They have to wear a uniform to which will start me before we even get there cos she will look so cute..She cried when we brought her home and wouldnt speak to us till she got in the car!

olivia will just stroll in with out a care in the world and leave me a blubberig mess i just know it .They have to wear a uniform to which will start me before we even get there cos she will look so cute..She cried when we brought her home and wouldnt speak to us till she got in the car!

They look lovely in their little uniforms dont they?

My little girl looks a complete little bugger in or out of one:D

she is only tiny anyway so she will look even smaller.Im glad they have one though then if they get ruined then they dont cost alot to replace fom asda or tesco.

Cry when she can't see you and be happy that she is feeling ok. Are you allowed to phone the nursery to see if she is ok later in the day? She will be fine but it will help you!

im happy that she is going and i have no doubt that she will be more than ok she is only going for a couple of hours im just sad it means she isnt that little anymore shes growing up fast

Poor you! I sent cosycub to nursery from 5 months, and we've had it all...from him not caring at all, to screaming hysterics (him, not me, lol). Recently he's taken to going in and not even looking back. The screaming is definitely harder, but as samc said, cry when they can't see you. And don't hang around, because if they see you're anxious, it'll be catching. Even when cosycub was screaming 'mummy mummy mummy' heartrendingly at the top of his voice, I always did my best to say 'I love you, have fun, bye bye.' and then go straight out. But god it's hard!

My youngest son is now 21, but I can still remember how I sobbed outside his playschool after I left him crying. The other mums used to come out & assure me he was OK once I had gone - but it is hard! You will soon get used to having that free time without feeling terrible. They do grow up too fast, but there is nothing you can do about it, just enjoy every day & take plenty of photographs!

please please please don't phone the nursery to check she is ok even if you want to...... you know she'll be fine...even if she is has screamed the place down for you since you left the staff will not tell you this as they won't want you to worry. (belive me - have had numerous parents ring to check child is settled - while on fone jonny has hit mary over the head with something, tommy is screaming for daddy and sophie needs a change!)

olivia will be fine she will love it adn not even realise you're gone. hope she's in a lovely nursery with fantastic staff. the seperation will get easier. and from experiecne with lots of mothers the drop ehr and run technique is always the best!

thanks for the replies shes going to the new nursery at the new norfolk park school.Its brilliant and its huge they even teach them computer skills she will know more than me when shes 5 years old:hihi: :hihi:

I always remember my first day at nursery, it made me feel like mum really did know everything.

A while before i started my mum sat me down and explained to me how it worked, that i would be with new friends to learn new things and how much i would like it.

I remember her telling me how i would be left without her for a short time and that she would come back and fetch me when the time was right, i was given a watch and told that when the little hand and big hands were in certain places she would be back to take me home. If the big hand moved past the number i wasn`t to worry and she would be there soon.

She explained that some children would think that their mums were leaving them and that this wasn`t true it was only until the end of the morning, she also told me that lots of other children had never been anywhere without their mum before and they would be very upset and cry because they were "on their own" and that i wasn`t to do this as i was "all grown up"

The day before i went mum sat me down and went through all of this again just to make sure i was fine and understood.

On my first day i remember waving to mum and watching her go away and i remember very much how all the other children cried and wouldn`t move away from the windows after all the other mums had gone and i went across to play with some building blocks on my own, the teacher must have thought that i was a very strange child indeed and when she asked me later on why i didn`t cry when mum went away i told her what my mum had said to me.

Have a little talk with your little girl and explain to her what`s happening, who knows she might have been as ok as i was.