Unofficial walk - Linacre Reservoir and fungus

Just back from a lovely walk to the west of Chesterfield with Blank Frack and A N Other. Took us about 3.5 hours, gentle strolling and plenty of stops for photo opportunities! Sadly, pressure of child-collecting prevented us from partaking in the delicious fried-chip aroma emanating from a pub along the way, but a most pleasant event all the same. We had the privilige of looking inside an old cruck barn en route - not many of those left these days. And plenty of fungus, we could have done with taxman!

Photos here

Fantastic pics SHsheff :thumbsup:

nice place to visit is linacre reservoir.excellent pub on the way back three merry lads(i think)

Your photos are wonderful! The trees still look a fresh spring green- for some reason I'm already making them look autumny in my mind. Is A.N. Other a username, or someone who's an official secret? Oh my goodness, it wasn't really Bin Laden was it? I thought Grissom was joking...

Great photos, love the fungi.... glad you had a great walk....

Take Care

Kriss

nice place to visit is linacre reservoir.excellent pub on the way back three merry lads(i think)

Ah, willman - it was the Linacre reservoirs that we walked around! Sorry, I said in the title but not in the thread (:rolleyes: at me not at you)...

Thank you to Strix, purdyamos and Kriss for liking the photos - it's a pleasure to take them when the surroundings are so photogenic and it's rather nice to be able to share them with people who like to share in what we saw, so thanks for the comments ;).

As regards the green trees, purdya, you are so right! Nothing seems to be turning colour yet. There are acorns underfoot and plenty of mellow fruitfulness in the form of berries and fungus, but no turning leaves. I'm looking forward to the autumnal colours though, especially now the Walking Group seems to be getting off the ground (so to speak). :)

Oh and, yes, A N Other is indeed a real person. Identity only shared with those on the same walks!

Thanks to SHsheff and AN Other for a most excellent bit of walking. Great photos too SHsheff.

Oh, and you'll both doubtless be delighted to hear that the physiotherapist says my knee will be fine if I do a bunch of step exercises every day.