Best moments with your kids

You know those warm fuzzy feelings you have when your offspring do something cute or funny, or the moment you first saw them.

I had one of those moments yesterday, although they happen fairly frequently, yesterday was good.

We were driving back from Meadowhall and both girls were in the back, I was using my little extra mirror to keep an eye on them. For no reason Twingle 1 suddenly broke out giggling, something to do with her sister unfastening her velcro shoes I think. Well Twingle 2 started giggling then which made Twingle 1 laugh even more and so on. So for about 15 minutes of our journey my babes were laughing and giggling and having a whale of a time without any discernable reason. This all made me laugh so hard I cried. Of course - my laughing made them laugh even more and so on. I nearly had to stop the car.

One of those warm fuzzy moments....

Aaah, giggling always gets me...it's so infectious.

My fuzzy moment is that cosycub kissed me goodbye for the first time ever today...:love:

My son is nearly eleven so warm fuzzy moments are few and far between these days as the need to be cool takes over and my sweet little boy turns into kevin. However, glimpses are still there.

This weekend, despite my fear of heights, he managed to get me on the London Eye! As we got to the top - 400 feet up above the Thames, he took my hand and squeezed it then said - "mum - you'll be fine!".

When we got back on terra firma he gave me a big hug and said "Thanks for being brave mum! That was brill!"

A warm and fuzzy moment in an increasing sea of stropiness!

I took my 8 year old blackberry picking last week. As we wandered back from the woods with very purple fingers he took my hand and said

"thanks mum its been brilliant to have some special family time with just you and me, and nobody else, and we even saw a man catch a fish!!"

then with a wry smile on his face he asked if we could do it again and not tell his brother we were going :P

I intend to marry next year.

Reading this just makes me want kids more.

My daughter asking me if I will be ok on my own when she returns to school:)

My daughter asking me if I will be ok on my own when she returns to school:)

This reminded me of when my eldest (now 10!) started nursery and didn't settle very well. He spent the first 3 weeks crying every morning when I left him. One day when I went to collect him and I asked how he'd been, the nursery teacher told me she'd found out the reason why he was crying every day. Great I said, what's he told you? Well she said, He said he doesn't want to stay here because he's worried about his mummy! His words were ' my mummy really misses me when I come here and I think it would be better to stay at home with her so she doesn't cry for me' (!) :love:

I took my 2 boys and my dog up onto the field to take her for her last walk in her favourite place before taking her to the vet for her final journey. I cried all the way round and my 8 year old (not usually known for his sensitivity) said, "Please don't cry mum. You've looked after Meggy for all these years and she knows you love her".

I don't know about warm and fuzzy, after that I was sobbing so hard I couldn't see where I was going!