Sign in to follow this  

CRB check question

As a nanny i think this is a good way to go about getting a nanny,There is however one problem for a nanny not working for an agency its very hard to get a CRB check and according to ther CRB agency you can't!!! Police checks arn't acceptable for childcare they need to be enhanced CRBs.

So is there any orgs that you know of could help, my CRB is a year old but next year i would like to renew it!!

I'm sure you can contact the police direct and pay the fee. There are agencies, not sure of any offhand since mine are through work but contact the police on 2202020 and ask how to go about getting an ehanced disclosure.

Alternately, contact a current group and pay them the fee for them to get the paperwork and the processing done for you.

The fee that the agencies charge is £70 and thats a hell of alot of money and the police don't do that and i have contacted CRB and they do it for groups but no individuels thats the problem

Can you approach a school? All schools have to do ED's for all staff - problem is, bizarrely mine took a year to come through although it's useful to have.#

A playgroup could do it and agencies like Surestart also use them.

What about Sheffield College? They have childcare courses and will know how to go about it.

OSN might also have some advice.

As a nanny i think this is a good way to go about getting a nanny,There is however one problem for a nanny not working for an agency its very hard to get a CRB check and according to ther CRB agency you can't!!! Police checks arn't acceptable for childcare they need to be enhanced CRBs.

So is there any orgs that you know of could help, my CRB is a year old but next year i would like to renew it!!

You don't have to renew it annually do you?