View Full Version : Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Zebra
01-09-2006, 19:54
I'm aiming for our twins 1st birthday party to be at a soft play centre. I've got the Wacky Warehouse at Coal Aston in mind but would appreciate any other recommendations please?
Has The Farm on Farm Road definitely gone? I was really hoping to use that one as I could have it exclusively for an hour or two.
I can do that at Wacky too but only at 9.30 am!
I know there's a new one near M'hell, not had a look yet though.

acedj
02-09-2006, 09:41
hello
The one on farm rd has got one,
but theres also one at top of kent rd which you can have that one exclusively

Zebra
02-09-2006, 18:36
Just rang them and they said they don;t have it anymore :S

Shiesh
02-09-2006, 18:45
There's a fab one at Heeley/Meersbrook in an old church I think it's on Kent Road somewhere but I can't remember what it is called :huh:

It is very reasonable in pricing too!!

ABC or Playzone seems familiar

scoop
02-09-2006, 18:56
Its called playtime, my nephews have had a fewparties there and had a fantastic time.

Shiesh
02-09-2006, 18:58
Its called playtime, my nephews have had a fewparties there and had a fantastic time.

Wahoo that's the one....

Playtime
11 Nicholson Rd
Sheffield, S8 9SU
0114 249 3947

It was starting to bug me that I could not remember the name. geez I go there often enough!!!

:)

Angiej
04-09-2006, 21:15
Would the mega centre be suitable ???

Its on bernard street S2. I took my little lad and he enjoyed it

cosywolf
05-09-2006, 11:46
Give Children's Information Service a ring, as well...they will send you out masses of information on all resources for children in Sheffield (that they're aware of), including soft play centres, kiddies classes, pubs and restaurants that welcome children, etc. 0114 2756699.
They also give lists of nurseries and advice, etc for parents with children starting school.

Zebra
05-09-2006, 12:12
Will look into all of these - thanks everyone :)

Tiphphinne
15-09-2006, 18:24
We rented out Tots to Tens in Hillsbrough for my son's birthday last year and it was great! They even let us bring our own food in

finoni9
15-09-2006, 19:57
MegaCentre on Bernard Road is good - my son had his party there, although a little bit older - a time of play, and good food to eat and nice people too.

cdcreative
23-09-2006, 22:27
Mega Centre Megakidz is a good place to have a party. Their party deal it good and the centre is very friendly. I've been to a couple of parties there and had nothing but good things to say about them. The number is 2725077.

natasha77
27-09-2006, 17:31
i went on monday, just passing and i saw the banner so i poped in it was a parent and toddler group that they do 10-12 on mon, wed, fri you get a free hot drink for you and free toast and juice for the little one it is only 2.50
It is a really great place lots to do and plenty of room.
i recommend it to anyone, my daughter really enjoyed it and was impressed that they had a bouncy castle there!!!
we are going again on friday!!!

Hels
27-09-2006, 21:33
Hiya, i've never heard of it, where are they based? What sort of ages do they cater for?

natasha77
28-09-2006, 10:18
Hello it has not been open long its just of greenland road Directly behind the McDonalds, there is a big banner on greenland road it's self. Give it a try!!! mon, Wed, Fri 10-12 is the parent and toddler group :D

The ages are from toddlerling age (they have there own little play bit) to about 10yrs old,

But at the toddler groups you dont get many older ther 4-5

BabyBoo
13-01-2007, 18:23
Its our baby boys birthday in April and we want to do something to celebrate. We thought of maybe hiring a room or venue but want somewhere the adults can get a drink but babies will also be catered for. Any suggestions welcome as we need to start booking and I can't think of anywhere.
Any ideas other than hiring a room etc also welcome.

kittenta
13-01-2007, 20:21
How many people are likely to be attending? Could you not do a buffet at home maybe, you know the kids will be catered for there!

If you do hire somewhere could you get hold of some mats like they use in schools etc and put them together with some toys etc?

cosywolf
13-01-2007, 20:26
When my little one turned one, I had a joint birthday party with a friend at Sheffield Wildlife Trust Headquarters. Their education team do parties for children. I believe usually 3 years and up, which was the age of the other child, and we had several older children there. Cosycub joined in where he could, and seemed to enjoy it. There were arts and crafts, games and stories, all with a wildlife slant, of course. Really, really nice staff who had as much fun as the kids.
I believe they will go out to other venues...but if all the children are under three, it may be worth waiting a couple of years.

SWT rent out the main hall and other meeting rooms, and have a kitchen and a nice garden. There is a pond, and access to the road, so you can't just leave the kids to it, someone needs to be watching them. However, I didn't find it a problem, and they can do pond dipping as well.

If you want to look into it, ring Sheffield Wildlife Trust on 0114 2634335 and ask for the education team.

I am definitely considering doing it again this year - cosycub will be two in April.

tess667
13-01-2007, 20:26
Don't know about costs but maybe hire one of those party buses

margie
13-01-2007, 21:55
we hired a bouncy castle for the back garden and did all the food at home. older kids had something to do(and the 1 yr olds) it was fab, kept everyone out of the house too! i can get you a phone number if you are interested

Zebra
13-01-2007, 23:53
We went to the Wackey Warehouse with our twins on their first birthday, it was fab and age appropriate for them and other kids who came too. Snacks and drinks for the kids and various for adults too.

NatalieSheff
14-01-2007, 12:08
personally i had it at home and send out invite showing 2 times and asking people to tell me which time/s they were coming. 2pm was snacks and 5pm bbq (under marque as it peed it down in aug!!) but yes, people took the mickey and same to both, didnt tell me, cost a fortune and ruined my carpet and garden with their badly beh children!
id suggest keeping it small and for close family until ur babes is old enough to decide what he wants to do and where to go.
and if anyone on here is going to a party-keep ur kids under control!! i found family members kids were so rude and naughty while parent sjust drank and chatted! i was knackered! never again!
macdonalds anyone??(kidding)

BabyBoo
15-01-2007, 19:11
Thanks for all the suggestions. Would have liked to have a bit of a do at home but my house is tiny. Will phone round some of the other suggestions though and get prices etc. Going somewhere else for the party also has the advantage of not having to tidy up too!!!

jellyjelly
07-02-2007, 07:50
The one at Megacentre is excellent - they also have a great cafe area for the grown ups to sit and chill. I'd definitely recommend it - the staff are really friendly and the kids love it.

babychickens
05-03-2007, 13:53
so, babybabychickens is now 9 months old, and someone asked me what we'll be doing for her birthday the other day. after looking horrified and replying that it really was far far too soon to worry about, i started worrying about it.

what is expected of a first birthday? we have 3 un-mixable bits of family that might want to be involved, plus 3 separate and entirely un-mixable friend-groups. the friend groups are easy - tell people it's her birthday, bake a cake, tell them to bring wine. the family are less easy, and there's a limit to how many weekends i intend to spend celebrating babybabychickens's birthday. any ideas? is it even normal to celebrate a first birthday properly? do babies notice decorations, or is that just for the adults? balloons? cake? gams? tell me about your celebrations, please, such that i can steal ideas.

bc

fox20thc
05-03-2007, 13:59
IMO babys first birthday should be a time for you all to sit back and congratulate yourself on surviving the first year.

Babybabychickens won't give two hoots if a party is thrown, babybabychickens will be more interested in eating the wrapping paper from the pressies... :hihi:

kwtcl1
05-03-2007, 14:09
my little now nearly 3 loved his first birthday party an my lil girl is 9 mths old an she is havin a first birthday party

Zebra
05-03-2007, 18:52
We took our kids to a soft play centre and invited lots of friends kids to come along, parents drank coffee and kids played nicely. Then we went to a pub for a lunch with friends with and without kids and finally we went to my Mums for a little tea party.
So, all friends and family done in one day, no mess at home, girls had fun and pressies throughout the day and loved it.
Balloons were a hit and bubbles, lots of bubbles.
OH parents don't live in Sheffield so they had antoher tea-party type thing when we visited the following weekend.
Maybe you could part of the day at home and part out - it would give a distinct deadline for certain parts of things to be over and done with and people to go home - allowing you control over who mixes with who and where, thereby preventing any difficult situations you might anticipate.
Maybe out somewhere for late morning and early afternoon then home for a barbecue since it will be June (estimate on the 3 months).
Our girls obviously had no concept of what was going on but loved every second of it :)

Zebra
06-03-2007, 19:18
Threads merged :)

snooze
10-03-2007, 20:34
imo, a bday party for a 1yr old is just a excuse for the adults to let there hair down, the baby will poss sleep through it, and wont remember it, save the money for future partys that they can enjoy. we had the party bus its great but more suited to older kids mine was 6yrs when we had it. just get a cake some sandwiches, and crisps and invite grandparents or close relitives but keep it small.

rubin
18-03-2007, 20:02
can anyone give me suggestions on where to take my daughter and some friends from nursery for her 4th birthday :confused:

fox20thc
18-03-2007, 20:03
Erm... your house, play some games chuck some food in and a disco in the living room. :thumbsup:

Zebra
18-03-2007, 20:40
There are some links and suggestions in the parenting group, see my clicky link in my signature below.

whitewitch
18-03-2007, 22:53
isnt there a place down darnel, jungle something, which is an indoor play centre, they also do birthday parties

thingsonstix
19-03-2007, 00:16
jungle mania

Zebra
19-03-2007, 09:37
This thread might be of use, it refers to first birthdays but most, if not all of the places would be appropriate:
http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193278&highlight=birthday+party
this one might help too
http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=139514&highlight=soft+play

Minesadouble
19-03-2007, 09:43
Camelot play castle Rotherham ....Great ...Absolutely fabulous !!

goto camelotplaycastle.co.uk - or pm me and i'll find the number

If she likes to dress up like a princess etc ...and you get the whole place to your party :D - (not like some of these other play areas) where they have about 9 party's going off at the same time :thumbsup:

cavi lover
31-03-2007, 20:35
My daughter loved to have old fashioned party cos no one else did that! pass the parcel, musical bumps etc held in our church hall. Brilliant and i never heard one kid moan.Always had a theme teddy bears picnic toy story etc.
hope all goes well what ever you decide on

Teekins
01-05-2007, 21:56
Babyboo, many nurseries hire out their large rooms at weekends for parties, etc. The University of Sheffield nursery on Brunswick Street (where Babytee goes) hires out a large room, adjacent to a kitchen, toilet and outside playground with use of indoor soft-play equipment and piano for 25 for 2 hours - bargain!

Last time I went to a parent's evening there we all had a lovely glass of wine so there's obviously no problem if you want to toast baby-babyboo's first year in the world (within reason, presumably!)

Clangeroo
19-05-2007, 20:26
Hi, my daughters 3 rd birthday will soon be on us and I wanted to book somewhere soon. I would like a nice place that her and her little friends can have a bit of a bite to eat and a run about and play, but for a reasonable cost.

anyone got anywhere to reccomend, - have your little ones had a party and you thought it was brill and good value anywhere?

anyone done anything a little different to soft play areas (not that im not wanting soft play, just would like all the options)

Thanks

Zebra
19-05-2007, 20:30
Previous threads have info for you:
http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193278&highlight=birthday+party
this one might help too
http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=139514&highlight=soft+play
and this one
http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193278&highlight=birthday

Minesadouble
19-05-2007, 20:35
Depends where you are I suppose ...
We had our twins birthday party at camelot castle in Rotherham
Really really Good value and private !
You get the whole place to yourself there's a soft play area and there's a cold buffet and games to play .
The buffet is served in a banqueting style room and the birthday girl/boy sits at the head of the table on a throne whilst all the other kids sit around ....They are also encouraged to dress up.
The party lasts two hours and there's an area for adults to drink tea/coffee and chat .
Like I said the beauty is - there is only your party there ....I'm booking it again for this year ...
Search camelot castle on the net

Price was in Feb this year 99 for 15 kids all play and food included and I think it's 5 per head any extra kids ...:D
Woth every penny for us and all of the adults agreed it was worth the travel.

CathS
20-05-2007, 09:26
Junglemania
Pleanty for the kids to do, cheap and decent food!

becky518
20-05-2007, 10:22
i also used castle camelot at rotherham and would really recommend it! i had my 2 years old sons party there and there was nowhere i was nervous about them climbing/adventuring to as i seem to find at some places! Had a lovely 2 hours and no mess 4 me to clean up!

marko1948
20-05-2007, 17:02
hi.

i have a bouncy castle for hire,it`s 12ft x 14ft ideal for childrens garden parties.

6 hrs(all day) for 50 or you could have it for 4 hrs for 35.

hope i can help,if not please remember me for future.

HAPPY DAYS BOUNCY CASTLE HIRE 01142555207.

maidofhonour
20-05-2007, 21:10
Have you tried the MegaCentre in Sheffield which is on the tram route to Meadowhall.
They have one of these ball pool type play areas inside and they do a great deal on childrens parties.

Miss_S_83
23-05-2007, 13:38
Hiya,

My little girl is 1 in August, so we have just over 2 months to plan her 1st birthday but I am not sure what to do- what did you all do for your LO's 1st birthday????

cgksheff
23-05-2007, 13:47
Just do what they did with "Robert" when he was a baby .....

Dress her up, smear some chocolate around her mouth, put a piece of cake in one hand and a balloon in the other.

Take a photo, put it in a frame and as she grows up, tell her what a wonderful party she had.

She'll never know the difference! :hihi:

Strix
23-05-2007, 13:51
who is the party for? for other kids, your family or for your mates and she'll be pretty much the only child there?

our friends had the first few birthdays at home, and now the kids have friends and like to throw themselves round more they hire a hall such as the scout hut or cricket social club for a couple of hours - try your local church if this is what you were thinking of :thumbsup:

Miss_S_83
23-05-2007, 13:54
who is the party for? for other kids, your family or for your mates and she'll be pretty much the only child there?

our friends had the first few birthdays at home, and now the kids have friends and like to throw themselves round more they hire a hall such as the scout hut or cricket social club for a couple of hours - try your local church if this is what you were thinking of :thumbsup:

Hiya, well it's pretty much only going to be our families, and neither are huge. She is the only young child in the immediate family, and I don't fancy a big do with everyone (all friends, both families- even the distant relatives) being there. I know they don't remember at this age, just wanted to celebrate her first year on earth lol.... I know they can go to soft play warehouses etc. when they are a bit older, but maybe not at 1?

rosieparker
23-05-2007, 13:56
Have a bbq at home have some friends and family round, we did that for the first couple of years so you dont have to cart loads of baby stuff around and you can put your child down for a nap if tired.

scoop
23-05-2007, 13:57
When Sccop jr was one he really loved balloons, so we bought about a hundred and after he'd gone to bed the night before his birthday me and Mr Scoop blew them all up so that they filled the whole living room.

He was delighted and of course we had a little tea party at home for our family, where he learnt the joy of ripping the paper off hundreds of presents.

It was lovely.

Miss_S_83
23-05-2007, 13:58
Have a bbq at home have some friends and family round, we did that for the first couple of years so you dont have to cart loads of baby stuff around and you can put your child down for a nap if tired.

Why didn't I think of that!!! We (unfortunately) live in a tiny 4th floor flat but I suppose at her great-grandmas or her grandma and grandads we could, should be nice and warm with any luck on 8th August!

sheff lady
23-05-2007, 14:03
you could by a childs bouncy-castle or ball pool for the gaden for your daughter and the rest of you have a bbq that way every1s happy but make you you buy one of the small bouncy castles my next droor neigbour has the same sort of thing but the child cant get out of it becuse there is inflated bars going across it that way you dont have to have eyes in the back of your head :)

snail
23-05-2007, 14:03
how about graves park
You could have a picnic, go to the farm and im sure last time i went they have a bouncing castle,all depends on the weather i supose
good luck:)

chryll
24-05-2007, 20:44
i need ideas what to do for my little girls first birthday can't seem to think of anything good

Zebra
24-05-2007, 20:45
There's a huge thread on this Chryll so I'm going to merge it, there's lots of ideas for you there and some feedback from events too.

stuchyg
14-07-2007, 13:00
Hi everyone

im looking for a good party venue for my daughters 2nd birthday,somthing that has that something a little bit more then just the normal softplay with a hundred other kids running about spoiling the magical moments.

so does anyone know of anywhere or have any recommendations??

stuchyg

wwcrazy
14-07-2007, 13:29
Mine are bigger these days, but we had a party at the YMCA soft play when one of them was little. You hire the room just for your party and they do games and have a party tea after:)

Obviously I dont know if they still do this but maybe worth a phone call

alirosdan
14-07-2007, 13:43
There's a soft play area in Rotherham behind the B&Q. I think it's called Camelot and it is only small so your party has exclusive use of it for the duration of the party. The birthday boy/girl gets to dress up in their choice of Camelot style clothes. The staff also play a game with them. My little boy has only been to one party there and loved it.

slickwitch
14-07-2007, 14:16
Just had a lovely one at Chatsworth adventure playground. Last year we had it at the Tropical Butterfly ouse at North ANston and that was lovely.

stuchyg
14-07-2007, 15:24
so far Camelot is looking good due to the fact you can book the full place and its in a good central location but keep them comming

Dawn36
14-07-2007, 16:19
There is a new place just opened called The Big Tops Play Centre at Dinnington you can hire the whole place its a in door play centre with a under 5s car track,sports court,drawing area,chalk boards,3 party rooms.The advert I have read sounds great

Gemima
14-07-2007, 16:50
We had our sons 2nd birthday at Big Top Dinnington, but didnt hire it exclusively. We had a party room and the food was plentyful and absolutley top notch (hot and cold buffet) they were really great with us and the kids loved it. It wasnt hectic either as we booked the 4.30 - 6.00 slot.

It cost 7.25 ish per child includes food, balloon for child, party bags, unlimited juice for all the kids, they really made our son feel special. We just turned up and provided the cake, no mess, no fuss.

lyndix
14-07-2007, 16:56
playtime at heeley let you have the whole place, you can do your own food as well if you want to keep cost down.

stuchyg
14-07-2007, 17:03
There is a new place just opened called The Big Tops Play Centre at Dinnington you can hire the whole place its a in door play centre with a under 5s car track,sports court,drawing area,chalk boards,3 party rooms.The advert I have read sounds great

we go to big tops quite bit the only problems are its expencive and the only time you can book the whole place is betewwn 7-9 in the evenings which is a bit late

stuchyg
14-07-2007, 17:05
playtime at heeley let you have the whole place, you can do your own food as well if you want to keep cost down.

depends if im inviting your lot round lol then i will justtake out a second morgage lol

lyndix
14-07-2007, 18:49
haha, we eat a lot and like cake!!!:thumbsup:

becky518
14-07-2007, 19:19
camelot is brilliant for kids party they get run of play area and they dress up the party boy/girl as a king or queen they are really good. i have been to ig tops quite a few times but find i cant see ds all time and gets very busy also there are alot of bigger children go especially in the football area where he wants to play and he ends up getting hurt (by a 10 year old last time!) during toddler morning

stuchyg
14-07-2007, 20:02
camelot is brilliant for kids party they get run of play area and they dress up the party boy/girl as a king or queen they are really good. i have been to ig tops quite a few times but find i cant see ds all time and gets very busy also there are alot of bigger children go especially in the football area where he wants to play and he ends up getting hurt (by a 10 year old last time!) during toddler morning

thats what i dont like about some ofthese places they work under the asumption hat the perents are going to be there all the time but there are so many twists and turnd its very easy to lose your child and then there are the other perents who just sit down and have a coffee moring while there child runs riot and pins some little boy/girl to the wall

tops is a great place but to many big kids running about and barging through when the smaller kids are just to slow

shazf
23-07-2007, 21:19
I recommend Kidsland in Rotherham Town Centre. We had a wonderful party for my 4 year old all the kids loved it and the food was really good.

birdsandbees
02-08-2007, 21:25
I use Just for Kidz on John Street, indoor climbing centre with ball ponds and all sorts, great staff, was a wonderful day, you can go for parties or just drop in during the school holidays for an hour or 2

mary70
03-08-2007, 12:04
i wouldnt let a little one go to jungle mania, i went yesterday and wouldnt let my dog go again never mind my child it was like a nut house, dirty and no supervision what so ever

kipper
03-08-2007, 16:37
I've found someone that does bouncy castle hire local with a covered dome one too if the weather looks changeable. Call Michael or Danny on Sheffield 244 4979 or their mobile 07947 866237 or 07806 574175. I met them last week at the B&Q Cancer fund weekend and the kids really enjoyed the inflatable slide and bouncy castle.

jazzy07
04-08-2007, 21:40
hi all, im a member of staff at jungle mania after reading some of your comments on jungle mania i am sorry some of you feel this way, i can assure you that jungle mania has taken your comments in to consideration and over the last few weeks we have had major changes, we have daily activities planned for the children, which all children enjoy very much, anyone who has any issues while visiting us, should speak to a member of staff or management who will be happy to help.

S8 Blade
04-08-2007, 21:42
Is your statement an official statement on behalf of Jungle Mania?

Henrietta
04-08-2007, 22:18
[pedant's hat]Spellcheck! :gag: [/pedant's hat]

Winemaster
04-08-2007, 22:24

I hope not, 'cos the spellings atrocious :hihi::hihi:

mary70
05-08-2007, 19:36
well i only went with my daughter on thursday and it was awful the floor was dirty there were older children running about like idiots knocking the babies over, they were running up and down the slide and the babies couldnt get into the under 5s area, the staff where more bothered about playing with 2 children that i presume where children of a friend or another person that worked there. There was a girl running a sticky session in the room at the back and she looked board stiff no interaction with the children at all, i understand that its the parent that needs to look after to the children which is all well and good but some dont and then there needs to be some supervision, i am a trained assistant teacher so do know what i am talking about and like i said on another thread i wont be returning because it is just an accident waiting to happen

Zebra
05-08-2007, 22:22
hi all my name is jade whitbead i am a member off staff at jungle maniaafter reading some of your comments on jungle mania i am sorry some of you feel this way i can assure you that jungle mania has taken your comments in to concideration and over the last few weeks we have had major changes we now have a variety of activities for the children i can also asure you the equipment is well supervised it is the parents responsibility to supervise there children however we still supervise the children so i am very happy to say if you come back to jungle mania you will notice the change also i am i have 2 younger sisters aged 22 months i have been to many play centres mega centre elsecar pirate ship and alpherbet zoo and i can asure you we are the cheapest and i am a qualified level 2 child care assistant and you have my word that we care very well for your children to be happy and safe if you wish to contact me you are more than welcome when you come to jungle mania you will more than likely see me or one of my cauleges on the equipment if you wish to contact email and i will email back
j.whitbread

It's very much appreciated that you've made the effort to come online and say all this, JM is developing a bad reputation and this is the kind of reponse parents want in order to recreate faith in your facilities - however, it is very difficult to read your statement as there are lots of spelling errors, punctuation problems and so on, it doesn't make you look professional at all.
My personal opinion is that staff supervising a childrens play facility like JM should have NVQ level 3 qualifications if not level 4. Level 2 is for basic playwork and is practically the lowest rung on the ladder, it does not inspire confidence.
At least one of your staff should be a level 4 to run the project and at least one member of staff during each shift should be level 3 qualified in order to create the most professional, safe and appropriate play facility.
Personally I haven't been to your facility because everytime I phone up to make enquiries no one seems to be able to handle my call or answer my questions.
My comments are a genuine response which I hope will help. It is very difficult to give people honest feedback face to face, people tend to talk behind ones back instead and vote with their feet.
Perhaps if you spellcheck and resubmit your message it will be viewed with more interest?
Good luck!

jazzy07
06-08-2007, 21:25

no i just wanted to let people know about our changes as i am a customer at jungle mania as well as a staff member thanks for your reply

I hope not, 'cos the spellings atrocious :hihi::hihi:

no its not offical sorry about spelling

anniec
06-08-2007, 21:40
Hi there,

I live very close to JM and as such have been several times and I have to agree with the posts above, it seems badly managed and I have seen a couple of kids getting really nasty bumps on the head because they are just left to run riot. I appreciate parents should look after their children, however, it is the duty of the "qualified" staff to maintain a safe environment.

I have not been in the summer hols and don't intend to. I feel that for the price you pay it's not anywhere clean enough (lots of spills, stains and sticky carpet) and there is insufficent interaction from the staff there.

Sorry just my opinion.

Anne

Zebra
13-08-2007, 19:25
Cosywolf and I have just been and investigated Playtime (http://www.playtimesheffield.co.uk/findus.html) at Heeley - clearly a well kept secret IMO.
Well, it's clean, it's fun and has a pretty good range of things to keep the kids entertained. The baby/toddler bit isn't fabulous but it could be much worse IMO and since parents can join in the the fun there's nothing to stop you charging around the upper echelons with them - providing you're a bit flexible. There's this level climbing thing which takes you up, a big steep slide for the more adventurous kids (and parents). There's also a slightly more tame curly snake slide.
The ball pool to end all ball pools resides on the lower level and there's a bouncy castle upstairs which is pretty good.
Cleanliness is a big deal there - can't argue with that.
The only downfalls I found we're that one loo doesn't have a seat - but since there are two more there's no need to cry about it. The prices are slightly elevated in the school holidays which is a bit of a shame and the food there isn't especially health conscious - however, you can take your own so again it's not so bad.
We took Cosycub at age 2.5 and the Twingles at 21 months and a great time was had by all.
Cosy and I agreed we shall be going again!

cosywolf
13-08-2007, 20:55
Oh, I'll be going again all right...though the ball pool is scary, lol. Cosycub was determined to burrow in and I thought I'd never find him. As for that slide...no thanks!

It was brilliant fun, too...we were allowed to climb all over the place, and though it helps if you're young and tough, us oldies managed it all right. Though we didn't get up to the very top.

I thought it was good that the only ways to get up to the next level were self-limiting. Children who are too young or too small would not be able to get up to the next bit, so you wouldn't have to be constantly stopping them following older, bigger kids.

Great fun, and a fabulous workout for the parents, lol

simo1432
31-08-2007, 21:28
Hi All Parents And Carers Out There.
We Are Currently In The Process Of Setting Up A Play And Party Centre In The Mosborough Area.
As Parents Of Young Children Ourselves, We Have Spent Alot Of Time In Different Play Centres And We Are Wanting To Offer Something A Little Different To Our Customers.
As Well As The Play Structure,activity Area, Soft Play Area For Toddlers And Cafe Area We Are Looking To Provide Seperate Private Party Rooms For The Childrens Party Packages To Ensure A More Personal And Quality Party Experience At No Additonal Cost.We Are Looking To Offer Other Additional Childrens Services In The Near Future(to Be Updated).
Please Feel Free To Coment On Any Of The Above Including Any Other Concerns That You May Have Regarding Soft Play Centres So That We Can Provide You With A Quality Service And Environment Throughout!

Bonny
31-08-2007, 23:52
I took BabyBonny to one of these sorts of places and it was divided into separate 'zones' depending on the age/ability of the child so for example, the littlest one's could play quite safely in their area without them straying into an area more suited to older children.

The 'Big Tops' at Dinnington has a lot of things that aren't particularly child friendly - low, square coffee tables for example, and a big slide area where little one's can stray into.

Whereabouts in Mosborough and when will you be opening? Perhaps we could have a forum day out! LOL

sassyo
01-09-2007, 06:14
A play centre in Mosoborough would be great!

Mother and toddler sessions would be good, with simple crafts. I'm struggling to find good toddler groups!
My biggest problem about play centres is when all the big kids take over the baby area and no member of staff ever move them to their place to play! So child friendly staff is a must.
Also most in most play centres the baby area is tiny, so a good baby area would be great!
As i'm sure everyone will tell you, cheap healthy food is a must. and clean toilets! The kids i know tend to sometimes miss the toilet!!
Good luck with it all and i'll look forward to trying it out!!

Sarah x

lolliew
01-09-2007, 06:43
Decent coffee that doesnt cost the earth and somewhere comfortable for the parents to sit. Also some thing for the bigger kids - i have a 12 year old who comes with us to play centres with me and the little ones and there is nothing for them to do. Maybe consider something for them.

Dont have sweeties and drinks easily accessable to the little ones either - ideally well behind a counter so they cant touch.

Have milk for the little one to drink without charging a 1 a glass.

And none of those machines with tacky rubbish in them that cost 1 a go it can be expensive enough for a couple of hours out - the cost of getting in, a drink each and maybe a snack, without having to fork out as we leave.

Lol x

simo1432
01-09-2007, 08:47
:thumbsup:THANKS SO MUCH TO YOU ALL PLEASE KEEP THESE COMMENTS COMING THEY ARE A REAL HELP AS WE WANT TO GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME!
WE WANT TO TRY AND CATER FOR ALL CHILDRENS NEEDS AS WE KNOW HOW INDIVIDUAL CHILDREN CAN BE!
AS PARENTS OF YOUNG CHILDREN WE REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT FEELS WHEN YOUR TODDLER GOES OUT OF SIGHT FOR EVEN A SECOND SO WE REALLY WANT TO FOCUS ON HOW WE SET UP THE SEATING AREA IN RELATION TO THE PLAY STRUCTURE TO ENSURE VISIBLE LINE OF SIGHT AT ALL TIMES.
WE ALSO WANT TO PROVIDE FOR THE OLDER CHILDREN WITHOUT MAKING THE AREA UNSAFE FOR THE LITTLE ONES.
ALTHOUGH WE WILL NOT BE THE BIGGEST PLAY CENTRE AROUND WE ARE REALLY HOPING WE WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST.
AS THEY SAY BIG IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!
WE ARE REALLY EXCITED ABOUT OUR VENTURE AND APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR VIEWS!
WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON WHEN WE WILL BE OPENING.

Maddy
01-09-2007, 10:55
My husband spotted Alphabet Zoo opposite Brighteside school on a little industrial type estate. We were just wondering if its a day nursery or a drop in play centre. We are looking for places to take mini Maddy to play now titchy maddy is here.
I also heard there is a play group at St Margrets church on Jenkin Road. Has anyone been? Its just a very steep road to get a double buggy up!

sassyo
01-09-2007, 15:00
Alphabet zoo is a play centre.
Quite good for little ones!!

Sarah

charlie9865
01-09-2007, 17:15
i love alphabet zoo for the kids ,great day out i say.

Maddy
01-09-2007, 20:16
Thanks for the replies :)
Any info on prices and facilities. I am new to this and the only play centre I have visited so far is the pirate ship. Mini Maddy is 19 months old. Also DH saw a notice for a parent and toddler group but he hasn't got any further details.

maidofhonour
02-09-2007, 11:51
I like how a certain family restaurant in Sheffield has cctv cameras in the play area with lots of screens dotted around in the restaurant so that parents can keep an eye on their children whilst they play.

Zebra
02-09-2007, 14:32
There's another thread like this which might be worth looking at, I think that was about setting up.
Also there's a thread about soft play centres in general which discusses the pros and cons of various places which already exist. That would have a huge list of pointers for you :) ANd what to avoid.

Wend
18-09-2007, 16:51
Hi simo1432, I live in Mosborough and have a 6 month old. Was just curious as to where in Mosborough your new venture will be based? Sounds good, I was hoping to get my daughter to one of these when she is a bit more mobile.

simo1432
18-09-2007, 21:37
hi Wend
Thanks for the response, we will be based in westfield and are looking to be open early December.
Will be also looking at organising parent and toddler group within the play centre, so will look forward to meeting you.
Will keep you posted on any updates.

nichola2
20-09-2007, 17:13
Hi there
Where abouts in Mosbrough will you be and is it easy to find, And when is it likely to be open

Cheers Nichola

Mud Lover
20-09-2007, 20:26
We like to take our young kids to various soft play centres in and around Sheffield. - great fun. :D

HOWEVER.

What is it with certain parents who don't watch their kids properly, they just let them go and sit back with a magazine and coffee, paying little attention to what their little one's are doing.

Today - at the soft play centre, a little boy, aprx 3 / 4 approached my two year old and decided to become his friend, arrrhhh. NO!

It wasn'y long before my little boy was being told "I've got a shi*ty arse...I've done a shi*ty poo" !!!! :rant:

My little one is only two and I refuse to let him here things like that as he likes to try repeating most words... where was parent..... who knows! Luckily we tricked him into going down the slide and then ran the other way and hid in the ball pool!

Why don't some parents want to play with their kids in these places, I know it's nice to have a rest but not for the whole time...

THEN COMES THE NEXT PROBLEM

Because we like to go in with them as their only one and two, you end up with all the other kids following you round trying to be your best mate because your showing some interest!

I don't pay my money to look after your kids who are stuck on climbing frames crying their eye's out or wet themsleves going down the bumby slide with no one watching them.... you also see tiny tots who can only just manage to walk climbing 25 feet of padded stairs following the other kids.....

SOFT PLAY - NOT INVINCIBLE LAND!!! :huh:

There are many parents who do watch their kids but i think some others could do a bit more... WHO AM I TO SAY.

NO OFFENCE TOWARDS ANYONE JUST HAVING A RANT :rant:

Rant over! :hihi:

medusa
20-09-2007, 20:37
I'm going to move this to the parenting group, where I'm sure you'll find a few like-minded opinions.

cosywolf
20-09-2007, 20:45
I know that the staff are not paid to be childminders, but it might help if there were more and they paid some attention to what was going on...then they could have a word with the parents in question/ do something about inappropriate use of the equipment - little ones in the older sections getting squashed, older ones in the little ones section, doing the squashing. Some parents can be pure evil when you point out that their child is behaving badly. It helps if a member of staff does the telling off.
Unfortunately some people just don't seem to take a lot of interest in what their children are up to. And to be fair, some are probably nattering child-free for a precious ten minutes and would be sorry to hear that their child was causing problems.

kitty123
21-09-2007, 16:16
I have grown to hate these places and become a complete 'soft play snob' due to sevral bad exeperiences with other kids and parents in these places. I only go to playspace in Ranmoor now, and I fear that will shut down as it always seems quiet. You are right though some parents see it as a break or sitting service and just leave there kids to it.

Liose
21-09-2007, 16:28
I agree - I have been sick of looking after other people's kids too - the mother's just sitting their nattering/reading and totally ignoring their children.

I have now just got so hardskinned though and will ask the mothers to politely get off their backsides and watch their kids!!!

RozeePozee
23-09-2007, 15:03
That sounds like a very frustrating experience... I've not been to a soft play yet as bub's only ten months but no doubt will venture to one soon (as weather gets worse and his mobility improves). I have no interest in babysitting other people's kids either. I'll have to make sure I frequent the Ranmoor Playscene as it's closest to me to. How much does it costs to get in? I suppose I should just bite the bullet and go really but I have to say the idea of soft play centres hardly thrills me...

gina2007
23-09-2007, 17:24
Anyone know of any pregnant womans groups in Sheffield?! sat in the house all day, day-time tv...really does get boring! My OH thinks I love the internet more than him now! :D x

Wend
23-09-2007, 17:42
Hi, there's a group run by the National Childbirth Trust called Bumps n Babes which quite a few heavily pregnant ladies go to. It's on Tuesdays from 10 til 12 down at St Andrews Hall on St Andrews Road in Nether Edge.

gina2007
23-09-2007, 20:43
Thankyou! I Shall Find A Number For That!:D

floralfoote
28-09-2007, 22:01
Hi I live in Mosborough, and look forward to your new venture, 1 thing I wanted to mention was, I am slightly disabled and find it very difficult to run around after my 2 year old, most of the time my husband comes with us to places like this, but it would be nice to go on my own, would there be any one there to get my son out of any danger if I could not get to him, ie under or on top of something!
As for something for parents that are bored I would love to meet up and do some crafts or something, I have lots of materials to share if wanted,

floralfoote
28-09-2007, 22:08
I find it hard to understand a lot of parents these days anyway to be honest, I have a very chatty 2 year old boy, who loves to say hello to people, we were in a lift today and he saw a little cute girl about the same age, with her mum, and of course he said hello several times, and the said little cute girl just stared at him, said nothing. I know we are not to encourage our little ones to talk to strangers but surely to say hello to a fellow cutie, I would have encouraged her to reply if she was mine.

cosywolf
28-09-2007, 23:27
Hi floralfoote, I don't live anywhere near Mosborough, but if you were able to come to jellytots sometime (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 1pm-3pm, Victoria Methodist Hall, Chapel Walk in Town) I'm sure someone would be happy to help out with running after the little one...and we'd love to meet you (I go Mondays).

floralfoote
29-09-2007, 09:21
thanks cosy wolf, I might try and come down one day,

Yellowrose
29-09-2007, 15:53
Something for the younger school child at half term would be helpful. Our 4 year old has just started school and I know he will be bored in the holidays. Unfortunately the nursery he went to before school is now full and cant take him at half term and school holidays. It would be helpful if you did half term or school holidays sessions for people like me.

Liose
29-09-2007, 16:37
I think one thing that needs stressing in these places is the fact that parents have to take responsibility for their children and not just sit drinking their coffee, reading a magazine when their little boy/girl is terrorising the other kids!

You need an active assertive manager - or, if you are doing it yourself, you need to train your staff to be confident to walk up to mothers/fathers not looking after their kids and wake them up. Basically (as a common example), if kids are running up slides (dangerous) and no one is there supervising, you need to take the child to the Mum and say so!!!

I love the centre at Darnall (don't like the one in Mosborough as its dark/dingy) - but the staff seem to be on cloud 9.

Sara
29-09-2007, 21:21
We drive miles to go to easy tigers in Chesterfield. We do it for two main reasons...

It's clean - really clean!!!!
and
Parents are encouraged to get ont he play equipment with their kids - not only does this make the experience more fun, paricularly for shy kids, but it also means that you don't spend the whole time wondering if your little one is stuck in some corner somewhere where you can't see them crying or hurt

In addition, they do nice coffee

Yellowrose
30-09-2007, 11:05
I took our 4 year old to Easy Tigers yesterday, as he was invited to a party. I dont know about supervising him ... I couldnt see him most of the time. I am going to try this at half term if I dont come up with something else. They also have a nursery opening soon and will do day care.

Wayneos
30-09-2007, 15:04
Finally, after months of trailing all over Sheffield to all the other soft play centres, we have found the place for our daughters 1st birthday.

Tots to tens: Run by kids and ignorant
Alphabet zoo: Filthy
Megakidz: What a hole
Funzone: Way to busy and full of irresponsible parents

Call me fussy but when you turn up at these places that take probably 100 a day (Maybe more, maybe less???) and you turn up, wanting to give them 70-80 in one shot, you'd think they would be a little more interested in you and put some time aside from their magazine to show you around and tell you what they have to offer...NOPE, instead you get ignorant young girls who are there for the money, wouldn't know what to do with a cloth & polish / hoover etc etc and have no time for you, just want your money.

Went to the pirate ship last night and I believe the lady was called Ann, assume she was a manager, anyway, she welcomed us and invited us to have a look around and come get her if we have any questions, my partner went for a look around and I got straight into questioning her, within 5 mins we had decided that was the place for her b'day. Clean, tidy and we even witnessed 1 girl pick up a hoover and another tidying away loose balls, cleaning tables etc. Great place, even the food is healthy and more than just something that is whacked in a deep fat fryer for 5 mins....

PIRATE SHIP GETS MY VOTE HANDS DOWN ABOVE THE REST...:banana::banana::banana::clap::clap:

Skippy06
30-09-2007, 18:37
The Pirate Ship (assume at Fox Hill) is a very nice place and the kids love it however I feel that any venue that can whack there prices up by well over a 1 on day one of the school holidays is down right rude.

We have been going for some weeks to the toddler session on Tuesday's however example the coffee has gone up between 50 & 70p + it's the most expensive place to get in.

Also went to a 2 year old party a couple of weeks ago they charged for 2 babies and the food was pure fried tosh - it is nice from the menu but the birthday food is fried rubbish + what kids venue runs out of ice cream for kids birthdays?

shinyhappy68
30-09-2007, 20:00
Finally, after months of trailing all over Sheffield to all the other soft play centres, we have found the place for our daughters 1st birthday.

Call me fussy but when you turn up at these places that take probably 100 a day (Maybe more, maybe less???) and you turn up, wanting to give them 70-80 in one shot, you'd think they would be a little more interested in you and put some time aside from their magazine to show you around and tell you what they have to offer...NOPE, instead you get ignorant young girls who are there for the money, wouldn't know what to do with a cloth & polish / hoover etc etc and have no time for you, just want your money.

Went to the pirate ship last night and I believe the lady was called Ann, assume she was a manager, anyway, she welcomed us and invited us to have a look around and come get her if we have any questions, my partner went for a look around and I got straight into questioning her, within 5 mins we had decided that was the place for her b'day. Clean, tidy and we even witnessed 1 girl pick up a hoover and another tidying away loose balls, cleaning tables etc. Great place, even the food is healthy and more than just something that is whacked in a deep fat fryer for 5 mins....

PIRATE SHIP GETS MY VOTE HANDS DOWN ABOVE THE REST...:banana::banana::banana::clap::clap:

I agree with you Ricon, tried to think of a decent venue for our minishinyhappy 3rd birthday and Pirate Ship was winner out right.

Lovely staff, helpful and you feel valued as a customer. It in 3 weeks so will let you know end result! XX

Zebra
30-09-2007, 20:49
We've booked our twins party at Playtime in Heeley, only one member of staff but it's a small venue and incredibly clean and organised.
MIght give Pirate Ship a whirl one day when we're at a loose end.

mrseggy
30-09-2007, 21:20
Yes the Pirate ship is clean but after having 2 birthday partys there, we wont be going back !!

The first was my Daughter 3rd birthday, they were late serving food, they brought they cakes biscuits ect in just five minutes after bringing out the sarnis ect, so the kids didnt hardly touched there main meal and went straight onto filling them selfs up with crap. One of the parents went to buy a coffee (while the kids were still eating) and they refused to serve her as our party was due to end in five minutes. At this point we hadnt even sang happy birthday.

Our next Party there was for her 5th Birthday and she begged and pleaded for it here again so being the push overs that we are we gave in and book here again, BIG mistake, the young girl that was taking care of the party came in lighted the candles on the cake turned the lights out, and then asked me who the birthday girl was. Oh and the food was also late again!!

Skippy06
01-10-2007, 18:27

If you want somewhere nice to take a mobile 1 year old you need to get yourself to Meadowfarm near Chapeltown.

Been today and the play area is fab (not soft play area) but there are loads of toddler level toys with tables for them to stand at plus the food isn't bad. Sandwhich and chips about 5 so not bad as you can just have a drink and don't have to pay for the children to get in - kids meals about 3.

Wayneos
01-10-2007, 19:29
I agree with you Ricon, tried to think of a decent venue for our minishinyhappy 3rd birthday and Pirate Ship was winner out right.

Lovely staff, helpful and you feel valued as a customer. It in 3 weeks so will let you know end result! XX

About the same time as baby ricon'etta...26th of this month, can't believe a year has gone by already.

shinyhappy68
01-10-2007, 19:47
About the same time as baby ricon'etta...26th of this month, can't believe a year has gone by already.

Also a Scorpio then, strong willed and independent l bet! Get ready for the next couple of years if your is anything like mine, wouldnt change her for world but so independent she scares me, no fear and
stands her ground till the end. (dont know where she get it from! LOL):hihi:

It must be her dad!! :hihi:

vikki
01-10-2007, 21:03
we had our daughters birthday there in july and they were great i will be returning next year my mum also takes her to the todler morning on a thursday which she enjoys.

2BCHEERFUL
02-10-2007, 20:24
I know its possibly a bit further than you would want to treck, but I can whole heartedly recommend the BIG TOPS soft play centre in Anston, Just off the A57 at Todwick cross roads. It is clean, well run, they serve fantastic coffee, and have very comfy leather sofas to sit on while the kids play. There are two separate areas so that the babies dont get squashed by the biggies.
Not sure about prices, but I would pay that little bit extra to go somewhere half decent than go to a dive like alphabet zoo!! (never again)
They also do parties....
C xx

Mentalmomma
03-10-2007, 19:10
If you want somewhere nice to take a mobile 1 year old you need to get yourself to Meadowfarm near Chapeltown.

Been today and the play area is fab (not soft play area) but there are loads of toddler level toys with tables for them to stand at plus the food isn't bad. Sandwhich and chips about 5 so not bad as you can just have a drink and don't have to pay for the children to get in - kids meals about 3.

Went there for 1st time last week, had a sandwich and drink with a friend with her twins. Must say did seem very nice, though wouldn't of hurt 1 of the staff to have offered to help the lady with 3 glasses and a new born in her arms. (Don't worry i helped). There was a party of little tots at the time and they all seemed happy enough as did mummies.:)

Wayneos
04-10-2007, 20:36
they serve fantastic coffee, and have very comfy leather sofas to sit on while the kids play
C xx

TBH that's not really the situ' I'm looking for, we're not taking her to get her of our hands for a bit, no offence your kids might be a bit older but we will be with her the whole time.

We had our eyes on big tops but we've got people coming from all over the country and some in Sheffield who don't have cars (Us being one) and no room in other cars, so that soon went out of the window. Besides, we would have to check the place out 1st and it's a long way to go, just to check it out :)

shinyhappy68
24-10-2007, 06:26

Just to update you RICON, our party on Sunday at Pirate Ship was great, stress-free, great atmosphere, food was not the healthiest option but over all, I was very pleased and was happy mummy as my DD was happy.

Would use again, no probs. :thumbsup:

Wayneos
24-10-2007, 15:04
Thanks Kerry, quite looking forward to it now, only 3 days left...what food option did you go for, cold, mixed or hot, we've gone for the mixed and wouldn't mind some opinions...

Wayneos
01-11-2007, 18:45
Well the play area :thumbsup:
The party room :thumbsdown with a capital T:

They rushed us in, the food was crap and they rushed the kids to have it, threw most of it away without asking if the kids wanted anymore, cake came in, candles went out and cake very shortly followed...the ice-cream was in within seconds and the pirate "Someone dressed up which was part of what we paid for" popped his head round the corner of the door, looked and waved at our daughter and left...??????

Then they rushed us out...no time for the kids to have a dance, o games or anything...I was short of being disgusted and will never, ever have a party there again.
We'll play there but party...:huh: NO CHANCE

Zebra
01-11-2007, 22:12
Reporting back on the latest soft play news:
Our twins second birthday party last Sunday at Playtime, a huge success, great venue, no problems with anything at all, very relaxed and chilled out but the catering was very average 1970's cold buffet stuff. A big thumbs up otherwise !

We then hit the Wacky Warehouse in Dronfield on Wednesday (31st) in a bid to avoid the scroungers at the front door, that place had what's called a 'Sparkle' but they neglected to even clean the play equipment. My OH found the most disgusting and huge clump of fluff and muck in a corner and the staff were entirely unperturbed. There were clearly many more amounts of it in the gaps between the gaps and padding around the play area. We won't be hurrying back.

So, in a final bid of desperation we decided to make the trek over to Space Play Zone so that we know we have a back up plan on really horrible days. The play area is great and we totally approved of that, the member of staff serving us had no idea how much to charge nor how long we could stay and clearly didn't care - a perk in some ways.
The overwhelming stench of grease as approaching the door is most offputting.
Our girls had a wonderful time but we had trouble sharing their experience whilst trying to remove the sleeves of our clothes from the sticky and gunky tables.

However, Jellytots is much better, no gunk on tables, no 1970's buffet, no dirt wedged in peculiar gaps :D Just good, clean fun and a very exclusive clientele :D

snaps
02-11-2007, 11:32
virgin gym on broeadfield road is good if a little expensive a two hour party , good food . soft plsay area

doodle
02-11-2007, 21:05
Went to Junglemania last week for the first time and it was really good. The prices are very reasonable for soft playtime and a free cuppa. In comparison, I went to Easy Tigers for the first time this week and was very disappointed that they were charging holiday time prices, when it is term time in Chesterfield.

brettginger
03-11-2007, 11:13
Hi everyone
I'm after taking my little one to a soft play area. He's 18 months old and we live in S5.
Heard some not very good things about Jungle Mania and ideally wanting a place that has a seperate part for little ones. I've heard of megacentre but dont know anyone who has been. Can anyone give any suggestions at all or if you have been to megacentre give me your opinion.
Many thanks

carlas_cat
03-11-2007, 12:46
My little girl is 18 months old, and she loves Tots to Tens just behind Owlerton Stadium. Its great for her age, they have an enclosed toddler area, with slides and a ball pool. Its reasonably priced too, costs about 3.00ish and you can stay as long as you want. The food is also great, freshly cooked and good value. We often go and have our dinner there, my son, who is 6, plays in the bigger area, and my little girl in the toddler area, its bliss. They play and I relax!:D

tomjerry
03-11-2007, 12:55
The Pirate Ship is great, just off Halifax Road.
Easy Tigers is good as well, in Chesterfield near Dronfield Bypass.

Have fun!

luybell
03-11-2007, 15:29
Hi there,

I have been to most of them at some point & I think that it depends when you go. I love the toddler morning at SpaceFunzone on Tuesdays. Really well run with & they have a good sing song with the instruments etc, However in the holidays it can be a mare, packed, short staffed, a long wait for food etc. DD1 received a nice bite on her arm last time we were in. I know that kids will be kids but the same child bit someone else & thumped another one inthe space of about 20 mins.

Tots to Tens is quite good - Babybell loves the ball pool & the toddler area. I think if you are having a large party & can afford it you are better hiring a place altogether. I think that you can hire Tots to Tens if you have at least 20 people. You know there are only your kids in there & you won't be rushed or hassled.

I have been put off the Pirate Ship as they had a massive price hike on food & drink at the beginning of the school hols. I haven't been back since:(

Lisa xx

Betty_Boo111
03-11-2007, 16:53
Hi everyone
I'm after taking my little one to a soft play area. He's 18 months old and we live in S5.
Heard some not very good things about Jungle Mania and ideally wanting a place that has a seperate part for little ones. I've heard of megacentre but dont know anyone who has been. Can anyone give any suggestions at all or if you have been to megacentre give me your opinion.
Many thanks

Hi
My best friend is opening a play centre eary December near Halfway.
Keep any eye out, its called kidz Kingdom.I know its quite a way from S5 but i reckon it will be worth the drive!! :hihi::hihi:

brettginger
03-11-2007, 18:23
Hi
Can you go into the play area with the little uns carscan1975? It sounds really good what you've said of it

Wayneos
03-11-2007, 18:43
Tots to tens in my opinion is a dive, megacentre is a grot-hole, funzone is rubbish...trust me, I've done my research as I done a lot of looking round in the last few months for my daughters 1st birthday which was last week...

We finally settled on pirate ship (http://www.thepirateshipltd.co.uk) 'which was really clean, the staff are always running round cleaning up and are really there for the customer which I found a lot of them are not...

However....and it is a big, HOWEVER, don't book any parties there because they can't cater for them properly, it all seems rushed.

Alphabet zoo near meadowhall is also pretty good, it's quiet and out of the way so not as packed as the others.

Hope you find one that suits...

Liose
03-11-2007, 19:23
Hi
My best friend is opening a play centre eary December near Halfway.
Keep any eye out, its called kidz Kingdom.I know its quite a way from S5 but i reckon it will be worth the drive!! :hihi::hihi:

I can't wait for this to open. Hope it beats the one already in Halfway that is dark and grotty.

Please ask your friend to ensure parents watch their children. Don't let them kids run UP the slide when little ones come down it. Also ask her to ensure people check the toilets regularly to ensure nappy bins are emptied and toilet seats cleaned!

Will surely be there when it opens in December. Would be an idea to put dates down on the publicity also to give people an idea of opening...i.e is it 1st December???

tam245
04-11-2007, 02:59
I can recommend Playmania at Elsecar Heritage Centre. It's clean food is good and has a nice area for tots as well as older children but can get very busy .

mook
04-11-2007, 03:10
Tried most of the above, however the best (but a bit pricey) in my opinion has to be Easy Tigers, on the way to chesterfield, just of the Dronfield bypass.
Very clean, massive play area which parents can pretend to follow there kids (but in reality are playing on the slides themself) friendly staff, good food...
its not very convienient location, but is great to give the kids a treat once in a while.

wizadooo
04-11-2007, 08:16
Big Tops at Dinnington is a favourite of ours. Massive area and seperate area for tots.

shinyhappy68
04-11-2007, 13:26
Well the play area :thumbsup:
The party room :thumbsdown with a capital T:

They rushed us in, the food was crap and they rushed the kids to have it, threw most of it away without asking if the kids wanted anymore, cake came in, candles went out and cake very shortly followed...the ice-cream was in within seconds and the pirate "Someone dressed up which was part of what we paid for" popped his head round the corner of the door, looked and waved at our daughter and left...??????

Then they rushed us out...no time for the kids to have a dance, o games or anything...I was short of being disgusted and will never, ever have a party there again.
We'll play there but party...:huh: NO CHANCE

Oh I hope your little one was too engrossed to notice how rushed it all was. I agree the play area is great, and we were lucky with the party room then, although not impressed with the food.

The "Pirate" terrified most of our young party, not good idea as most youngsters are scared of these characters no matter what they are. Well Iggle Piggle might have gone down a treat!!

I think will start early and plan now for next one, good party venues hard to find in Sheffield, there is a gap in the market for anyone enterprising!! :) xxx

Betty_Boo111
05-11-2007, 09:12
I can't wait for this to open. Hope it beats the one already in Halfway that is dark and grotty.

Please ask your friend to ensure parents watch their children. Don't let them kids run UP the slide when little ones come down it. Also ask her to ensure people check the toilets regularly to ensure nappy bins are emptied and toilet seats cleaned!

Will surely be there when it opens in December. Would be an idea to put dates down on the publicity also to give people an idea of opening...i.e is it 1st December???

Hi
I have passesd the message on and im sure she will make sure all of the above is carried out, she has a 2 year old herself and knows what its like at other play centres.Also they will have seperate party rooms from the play centre so this will insure that the party is private and not at all rushed.
They have put an advert in the local magazine and we will be in crysal peaks on Sat 14th of this month marketing and taking party bookings.
Its looking like Kidz Kingdom will be opening on Mon 3rd December fingers crossed.No doubt i will see you there!! :hihi:

Betty_Boo111
05-11-2007, 09:13
Hi
I have passesd the message on and im sure she will make sure all of the above is carried out, she has a 2 year old herself and knows what its like at other play centres.Also they will have seperate party rooms from the play centre so this will insure that the party is private and not at all rushed.
They have put an advert in the local magazine and we will be in crysal peaks on Sat 14th of this month marketing and taking party bookings.
Its looking like Kidz Kingdom will be opening on Mon 3rd December fingers crossed.No doubt i will see you there!! :hihi:

Sorry its Sat the 17th in Crystal Peaks

Betty_Boo111
05-11-2007, 14:29
Oh I hope your little one was too engrossed to notice how rushed it all was. I agree the play area is great, and we were lucky with the party room then, although not impressed with the food.

The "Pirate" terrified most of our young party, not good idea as most youngsters are scared of these characters no matter what they are. Well Iggle Piggle might have gone down a treat!!

I think will start early and plan now for next one, good party venues hard to find in Sheffield, there is a gap in the market for anyone enterprising!! :) xxx

Hi

My friend is opening a play centre Kidz Kingdom near Halfway early December.

We will be inside Crystal Peaks on Sat 17th Nov near Adams and McDonalds marketing and taking party bookings.

If anyone has any queries, come and see us on the 17th or e mail me back and i will be happy to answer any questions.

:hihi::partyhat:

shinyhappy68
05-11-2007, 15:37
Hi

My friend is opening a play centre Kidz Kingdom near Halfway early December.

We will be inside Crystal Peaks on Sat 17th Nov near Adams and McDonalds marketing and taking party bookings.

If anyone has any queries, come and see us on the 17th or e mail me back and i will be happy to answer any questions.

:hihi::partyhat:

Great, its complete other side for me but, I bet if you keep from making the mistakes of other centres you'll have a winner on your hands. GOOD LUCK!!:)

carlas_cat
06-11-2007, 08:37
Hi
Can you go into the play area with the little uns carscan1975? It sounds really good what you've said of it

Sorry, been off line for a while. You cant really go into the toddler area with the little uns, but when you see it you will realise that there is no need. Its all padded, and they cant get out easily on their own, so you can just sit and watch them play.
I know that someone posted that its a "dive", but it isn't in my opinion. Its a kids play area, not spotless, but not a dive!!!:roll:

Pirate ship is great, for older children. They don't really cater for children under 2. I didn't feel that I could let my little girl play without following her everywhere. The toddler area is tiny, there isn't a ball pool, and bigger kids go in it so its not really safe.