Sign in to follow this  

Damn BBC Trailors!

Is anybody else fed up with all of the trailors that the BBC show between programmes, especially the stupid Freeview promotions? They are as annoying, if not more annoying than adverts on ITV. I don't know about you, but I'd rather they showed adverts in this airtime and not have to charge a licence fee as a result, instead of showing minutes of pointless trailors that often make programmes late and over run.

Completely and utterly agree!

I'm getting very fed up with the BBC. £112 license fee and some of the programmes they show at primetime are rubbish, a few weeks ago there was Britains worst toilet!! Not compulsive viewing.

There football coverage is not as good as Sky but at least with Sky I have a choice to pay or not, with the BBC your just lumped with it!

Yes, the freeview adverts are very annoying. It's also quite a dodgy situation because freeview is made up of a consortium of the BBC and private companies. They are therefore making money out of free advertising on the BBC - adverts which we are meant to avoid thanks to the license fee. If freeview was solely owned by the BBC and all revenues recycled then it wouldn't be half as annoying.

I've just about given up on watching tv. I tend to video the programs I want to watch that way I can avoid the ads.

I'm thinking of buying a recordable dvd player, anybody got one or read reviews which might be useful?

i hate the new "kung-fu" spacer

when it spins it makes me feel sick

The thing I hate about the BBC are the stupid 'coming up next' logos they stick in the corner at the last five minutes of a programme. It competely spoils the ending. Surely the job of a continuity announcer is to do that AFTER the programme has ended.

Another stupid thing they do is stop the Wednesday night film on BBC3 for a 60 second news break. What next - BBC adverts?

The CBBC adverts that appear so often these days are also annoying..

How many children are awake at 10am.? After 7pm, TV should be for more mature viewing, and adverts like CBBC are purely taking the micky.

Originally posted by geoffbowen

Yes, the freeview adverts are very annoying. It's also quite a dodgy situation because freeview is made up of a consortium of the BBC and private companies. They are therefore making money out of free advertising on the BBC - adverts which we are meant to avoid thanks to the license fee. If freeview was solely owned by the BBC and all revenues recycled then it wouldn't be half as annoying.

Freeview is marketed by DTV Services Ltd, a company run by three shareholders -- the BBC, Crown Castle International and BSkyB. DTV Services Ltd..I hate that BBC advert with the kids with the long necks..i have freeview and i can't rip my face off like in the adverts i want my money back :banana: thats how i dance :D