Organic Gardening Classes

Is anyone interested in organinc gardening, but not sure how it all works, or where to start? If anyone is interested, there are Organic Cultivation classes starting in September at Walkley Community Centre. The guy giving them is called Richard Clare, and, having met him, he really knows his stuff! The courses run for some weeks and are very reasonably priced. If you're keen, then he is contactable on 0114 2686727 or 07771832759.

Look forward to seeing you there (we'll have to wear badges!).

OOoo - I might be interested in this! Any idea what kind of topics the course will cover, Zweena? :)

hi Tracie

If you go to the website of Walkley Community centre http://www.firstreet.org.uk you will find a link to the the organic gardening course - click on groups - it is for the previous one held in January 2006 but it explains the areas covered - I must update the website!!

Best wishes

Sam

Cheers Sam, I was trying to remember and searching for a link everywhere!

I did this course earlier in the year and it was really really informative. From not knowing anything when I got my allotment to actually eating my own produce last night, great feeling! All organic too.

Richard has a website, there is more info on the course

here (PDF)

Did anyone go to the classes this week? We were unfortunately away - just wondered how it went?

Just to let everyone know Richard will be running some more Organic Gardening classes starting in January. More information on the website .

FOOD-GROWING COURSES

How to Grow Your Own Vegetables, Fruit, Herbs and Flowers - Organics, Biodynamics & Permaculture

Course Tutor: Richard Clare

Begins 7 pm 15th or 10 am 16th January 2007

Monday evening or Tuesday morning at Walkley Community Centre

12 x 2 hour sessions for £100

Email: [email protected]

Web: http://www.organic-guru.co.uk

For more information or to book a place

Richard is also offering his courses in Hope Valley College in January 2007

FOOD-GROWING COURSES

How to Grow Your Own Vegetables, Fruit, Herbs and Flowers - Organics, Biodynamics & Permaculture

Course Tutor: Richard Clare

Begins 7 pm Thursday 11th January 2007 at Hope Valley College

Email: [email protected]

Web: http://www.organic-guru.co.uk

For more information or to book a place

If there is anything happening at weekends in Sheffield ish areas regarding organic gardening which I could come along to could someone PM me.:thumbsup: Thanks in advance unless it isn't possible.:(

You could try LEAF at norwood allotments on Herries Road. They are open on Saturdays....

Is anyone interested in organinc gardening, but not sure how it all works, or where to start? If anyone is interested, there are Organic Cultivation classes starting in September at Walkley Community Centre. The guy giving them is called Richard Clare, and, having met him, he really knows his stuff! The courses run for some weeks and are very reasonably priced. If you're keen, then he is contactable on 0114 2686727 or 07771832759.

Look forward to seeing you there (we'll have to wear badges!).

Hi Zweena.

Am like Tracy would love to know these course contents if possible