Fungi Foray - Saturday 14th October - Glen Howe

I've done a night school course and led a fungi foray when I worked as a Ranger so wondered who'd be up for one.

Location is Glen Howe Park, time 10am, date Saturday 14th October.

Sorry its a bit of an early time but that is the best time to see the mushrooms before the slugs get them.

We'll meet in the car park. The 57 and 58 buses stop at Wharncliffe Side and people need to get off just after the Wharncliffe Arms. If you reach the Blue Ball you've gone too far.

Feel free to post on the thread or PM me with any questions.

I've done a night school course and led a fungi foray when I worked as a Ranger so wondered who'd be up for one.

Location would be Glen Howe Park, time 10am, date TBC but on a Saturday

Sure, if I'm around I'd love to join in! Thanks, taxman, for bothering to organise another walk. :)

Could be interested depending on which Saturday. I've got a good walk that goes from Glen Howe Park if you're wanting to go a few miles (5-6 I think).

This sounds really interesting - I'll say yes tentatively. I'll just need to work out how to get there :)

*raises hand*

Brude can stay at home though :suspect:

I'm sure we can give you a lift Siân :thumbsup:

*raises hand*

Noooooo!!! :o

An SF walk now wouldn't be complete with a regular chorus of "Wheeeeerrrrreee'sss the doooooooooooooog?! :hihi:

*raises hand*

I'm sure we can give you a lift Siân :thumbsup:

Thanks Strix - that'd be v much appreciated (but not taken for granted - I can lurk en route with petrol money & doggy treats :) ) I'm appallingly bad at finding my way anywhere. Which come to think of it maybe why I like walking so much seeing as I do plenty of it when I get lost :|

Anyone know the bus number at all? I can't see it marked on the travel planner map thingy or even the A-Z.

It's at Wharncliffe Side. The 57 and 58 buses to Stocksbridge pass through.

Noooooo!!! :o

An SF walk now wouldn't be complete with a regular chorus of "Wheeeeerrrrreee'sss the doooooooooooooog?! :hihi:

Accompanied by a flying beagle, ears flailing, and tail desparately trying to keep up? :hihi:

(If I'm lucky :roll: )

Hi there, has the walk been and gone or is it coming up, and how far is it.... just a beginner at walking me and my hubby but only stick to the walks round longshaw and the like. please let me know more details

Cheers Kriss

Hi there, has the walk been and gone or is it coming up, and how far is it.... just a beginner at walking me and my hubby but only stick to the walks round longshaw and the like. please let me know more details

Cheers Kriss

Hiya

Its still in the planning stage, I am just gauging the level of interest before setting a date.

What I had in mind isn't a "walk" in the strict sense, just an amble around Glen Howe for a couple of hours exploring this hidden gem and spotting Mushrooms.