Compost Required Can anyone help?

Hi

I need some compost for my garden - in the Shirecliffe area - and I'm really struggling to find any.

I need about a ton or so (maybe more or less depending on the price etc). It's for general gardening just to improve/feed the soil.

I've tried yellow pages etc, but not had any luck so far.

Can anyone help?

(Please, no humourous comments, such as try the council, etc - I've had them all before. :gag: )

I was hoping to find that all the stuff we're putting in our green bins was available under a recycling scheme - like it is in Peterborough - but it's not :confused:

I've googled it, and the most promising link is probably: http://www.trommel.co.uk/

They make the industrial equipment that makes compost, so you could ask them who they've supplied to nearby

Or you could order over t'internet: http://www.turfandstuff.com/section.php?xSec=32&jssCart=e40c679a174e6a264708e4d8bc64066b

It might be worth a phonecall to Rotherham Council on 01709 382121 to see if they sell bulk compost from their kerbside collection scheme :thumbsup:

I usually have a load of vegetable waste which I'd be willing to keep for anyone to collect on a weekly basis.

What about the Green estates compost - based on the Manor? Someone did a post about their compost the other day and said it was about £35 a tonne I seem to remember (I think that is made from Sheffield green waste). Wish I knew about it when I was filling the raised beds as I spent loads more on compost than that :(